Video Doorbell Silent Mode Issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scobb2424
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the video doorbell that is wired …using the same wires from my previous standard doorbell . I do not want the doorbell to ring when someone presses the button on the doorbell . I just want it to call my phone . It used to do this with Silent Mode but no longer does it . Actually Silent Mode does not stay enabled it keeps turning off

Since we used the existing original/standard doorbell wires to connect to the Arlo Video Doorbell for power it’s also ringing the chime
Silent mode use to do this . I could turn on Silent Mode but also enable “incoming call” the incoming call option is no longer there & Silent Mode keeps turning off on its own

Why does silent mode keep turning off & why is there no option to enable incoming call when you enable silent mode . This use to be available

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scobb2424 wrote:

Have the video doorbell that is wired …using the same wires from my previous standard doorbell .

Do you mean the AVD1001? That is the only doorbell that has to be wired.  I'm not sure, since you posted in the 2nd Gen area.

If not, what model doorbell do you have?

Scobb2424
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a AVD4001Aer1.3

Scobb2424
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really starting to doubt the features of Arlo . This is the second time in 3 months that standard feature of the Video doorbell stopped working.

The first is when the “Auto Replies” went away & took Arlo 3 months to add them back 

Now the “ Silent Mode” feature does not work . I can enable it but it immediately disables it’s self . When I do enable it less than 20% of the time it gives me the option to enable incoming calls ? 

This is not good for a home security product to always question its reliability.  

Please fix this issue & add some stability in the product 

Thanks