Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Received my Arlo 2K doorbell this weekend and want to install it today. However, I want to create an Arlo account first, which I have successfully done. However, after logging in, I need to set up two-step verification. I am not receiving a push notification on my phone via the app, and choosing the option for SMS does not work either. I also do not receive anything when trying to set it up via email. However, when I reset my password, I do receive the email notification. What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate hearing from you.

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

echoecho,

Are you still experiencing this behavior today?

JamesC

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, still the same issue.

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also tested it on another mobile, same problem. Arlo chat does not respond at all and registering a support case is not possible because I cannot log in further. Very annoying!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look at the following article and try the troubleshooting mentioned here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062579/Why-isn-t-two-step-verification-working#:~:text=Try%20to%20log%20in%20...

JamesC

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I have followed the article and still have no possibility to set up. In the app it indicates in Dutch "An error has occurred. Please try again" and this keeps repeating. As mentioned, an SMS also does not come through. Very annoying...

Screenshot_20240707_203217_Arlo Secure.jpg

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to do it through a web browser and select the option SMS, it gives the following notification:
2024-07-10 11_20_21-Window.png

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

To rule out that it is my phone causing the issue, I used my work phone, a different email address and a different phone number. I created a new account via the Arlo website and encountered the exact same problem with setting up two-step verification: no push notification, no SMS, and no email when I choose any of those options.

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC, hopefully, I will get a response soon, otherwise, I will return the doorbell to you and choose another supplier/brand.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic to the development team for further investigation. Once we have more information available I will provide an update.

JamesC

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response @JamesC. I hope that the development team comes up with a solution soon. I would like to be kept informed.

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC, can I get an update on the case? After two weeks, I still can't install and use my doorbell. Another option could be to return the doorbell and choose a different brand.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The team is still investigating this behavior. I've requested a status update and will provide more information as soon as I hear back.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It appears your network is blocking the authentication requests. Try connecting your mobile device to mobile data or a different network to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

echoecho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response, @JamesC. I don't really understand why my network would be blocking the request. I have tested this both through my wifi network and 4G, but the request does not come through on either. The same issue occurs on my work phone from a different provider with a different phone number. As previously mentioned, I have also tried making the request via laptop, but neither an SMS nor an email is received. When I choose to receive a push notification through my phone, I receive a message saying "Invalid phone number," even though my number is definitely correct.

I can understand that one of the options does not work, but both the push notification, as well as SMS and email, are not working.

What else could be causing this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

echoecho,

I've reached out in a private message with further instructions.

JamesC