Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OA1
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I’ve wired my doorbell but I get no chime indoors. I’m sure I’ve set the cables right as the old doorbell functions properly. 

is it not compatible?

any other issue?

If the cables are suppose to be set in some other way, please share a video showing this very clearly.

Oskar

2 REPLIES 2
yowie
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Oskar,

My friend and I just wired up a mechanical chime to my doorbell a few days ago.

It worked for us. We replaced the old doorbell with exactly the same model so took photos of the wiring set up before we removed the old doorbell and just replicated it with the new doorbell. We had no issue.

The issue we found researching it is that depending on what type of Chime you have will mean you need to wire it up differently. Unless you have the same chime as me (Honeywell D117) I dont think my wiring set up will help you.

We tested the transformer at the powerbox to make sure it was still at the 8V it advertised, and made sure the chime we got was rated at 8V also. As transformers age sometimes their power output deviates from their rating. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OA1 wrote:

I’ve wired my doorbell but I get no chime indoors. I’m sure I’ve set the cables right as the old doorbell functions properly. 

is it not compatible?

What model and make is the chime?

Also, what model doorbell did you purchase?