Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

My review on arlo... read then decide to buy.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ssdungeon
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo viemdeo quality is very decent.

Wait first off my set up.

2 arlo base stations the latest versions.

1 arlo floodlight

7 ultra 2 cameras

2 arlo doorbells 

I am a systems engineer by trade... I have installed 3 arlo systems 10 blink 4 ring systems and a few others.

Ok so.. the camera quality is decent.

The devices are hit or miss.  For me it's hit.  I have had issues with mainly the doorbells.  I have 4 extras now.  Over 4 years of use.

Other than that my cameras have been great.  The battery is great on these.  I would even say one of thr best on the market.  I have one camera in extreme heat.  No issues.

The app however and functionality is horrible unless you subscribe.  If you have a subscription and pay every month/year.  You should be pretty happy.

I would use only 5 cameras per base station.

If you don't want your personal videos in the cloud and want to host them free and privately on your own.  This option is available...however the lag is not even worth it. After this last update it takes about 3 minutes to access one video clip.  Thr clips are also limited in length.  Sorta beats the purpose of recording...

The local storage option hardly ever works even after setting up a tunnel for access.  It lags so bad you'll have to play with network timeout variables just to access a video.. in NY home 1gbs standing my my data closet.. 3 minutes...to access one video.

If I'm off my network about 5 minutes for each video.

So...

If you want to pay to play.... id say stay with arlo.

If you want to pay run far away.  I have slowly started switching out my arlos.  

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ssdungeon wrote:

in NY home 1gbs standing my my data closet.. 3 minutes...to access one video.

If I'm off my network about 5 minutes for each video.

I do have a subscription, so only rarely download local recordings. But I haven't seen anything close to your download time.  Mine just take a couple of seconds.