Gen 2 Arlo wired doorbell Microphone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Oscar231
Aspirant
Aspirant

Microphone will not connect. I have tried everything.

Set it up on my Iphone, also set it up on the new arlo App.

It just spins trying to connect but never does.

I am at wits end with this and other issues.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oscar231,

This could be a permissions issue at the iOS level.

Open up Settings for your iOS device and then navigate to the Arlo Secure Mobile app, this should show you permissions that are given to the Arlo app from iOS. Make sure the microphone is toggled on allowing access to the microphone. If the permission is already enabled, try toggling it off and then back on. Log back in to the Arlo Secure app and then test to see if you can use the microphone on your doorbell.

If you're still experiencing an issue, navigate to Settings within the Arlo Secure app and tap on your location > select devices > select your doorbell > tap the name of your doorbell > tap "Restart". Allow the doorbell to come back online and test again.

JamesC

Oscar231
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all of those suggestions and that didn't work. I was on the phone with support for over two hours and we finally were able to get it to work. Five minutes later it was back to the same unable to connect problem.

I have multiple issues and have only had the doorbell a few days. 

Really starting to question my decision as there are so many other options out there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

,Oscar231,

Thanks for the updated information. I've escalated this case and have been informed you have a call scheduled with a level 3 agent to gather more information.

JamesC

Oscar231
Aspirant
Aspirant

from last Thursday 

Thanks Jeff for this update. I'm going to have a meeting with Engineering tomorrow and will keep you posted for updates. 

Oscar231
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are actually 4 issues with the doorbell, must be a software issue.

I have still not heard from the level three expert as to why these issues are happening. Going on 3 weeks-

UPDATE:

I returned the product and bought a RING.

Couldn’t be any happier. The Ring works flawlessly.