Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
M_Blier
Tutor
Tutor

Hello!

I'd like to know if there's a way to automatically turn on or off the doorbell calls when I leave the house. Receiving a call during a meeting while I'm at the office and someone can answer at home is a bit annoying. It's even more so because the ringtone is the same as the one used for actual phone calls.  If it's not possible, it would be a nice feature to add.  I attempted to turn on or off the silent mode using the 'Modes and routines' option in Android parameters, but I was unable to activate the silent mode of Arlo Secure. The only choice available was to open the app. Some apps allow for more control options through automated routines on Android. In the event that there is a different way to proceed, could you provide me with guidance on how to proceed?  I also attempted to select a different ringtone, but again, I was unable to do so.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doorbell "calls" use the same ringtone as your phone's default - no way around it. You can set silent mode in the doorbell settings under - wait for it - Silent Mode. 🙂 Of course, you'd need to disable Silent Mode as appropriate.

M_Blier
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I'm french canadian.  I tried my best to explain, but maybe it wasn't clear.  I know I can enable manually the silent mode fos calls, but what I want to do is to enable the silent mode automaticaly when I leave my place and disable it automaticaly when I come back.  I would like to know if there's a way to use a kind of geofencing, like it's possible with security cameras.

Thank you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't automate silent mode. You'd have to do this manually every time.

M_Blier
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, thank you!

bensaysso
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I have the same request as the OP. I would like to set up an Arrive/Leave routine that will toggle the doorbell Silent Mode on/off.

Can this please be considered as a feature request? Since I have a doorbell Chime device, I do not need the call when I am home, but want it when I am not home. Doing this manually each time I leave/arrive at home defeats the purpose of having a "smart" device.

Thank you!