Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

trouble connecting base station vmb5000

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ebzrocks
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have been trying now for several days to connect my VMB5000 base station.

Ive had numerous contact with arlo support which none had lead to me connecting.

I have a orbi router and we are connected to fibre broadband,  which I have just ensured is only connected to the 2.4ghz and not 5g

I have an iPhone which im using with the app 

the base station is just Constantly blinking amber. we get maybe a second of blue and that's it.

I've reset the base station more than 20 times in the last week, I've purchased a new ethernet cable. 

the base station has never been in use, this is the first time setting it up. 

any advice as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated, im ready to return it to the shop as a faulty unit 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ebzrocks wrote:

I have a orbi router and we are connected to fibre broadband,  which I have just ensured is only connected to the 2.4ghz and not 5g

Not sure how you did that.  Of course the Orbi router connects to the fiber broadband via ethernet.  Orbi doesn't let you disable its 5 gHz wifi.

@ebzrocks wrote:

the base station is just constantly blinking amber. we get maybe a second of blue and that's it.

any advice as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated, im ready to return it to the shop as a faulty unit 

Maybe try adding the base using a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).  That sometimes makes a difference.  

Also try a different LAN port on the router (or check the LAN port using another device - for instance a PC with an ethernet port).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation