Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before last app update, every once in a while, the Arlo iOS app would report that my base station and cameras were offline, even though everything was up and running. After a few seconds, the app would cycle back to online mode.

After last app update, there is a lot of "Your device is not connected" errors, all the time. And it takes forever for it to cycle back to correct online mode. This is very frustrating when something is going on outside, and you can´t access a live video feed, when everything is connected and up and running.

238 REPLIES 238
RMB2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having trouble as well with two cameras out of seven. Here are the serial numbers.

48B4587R97867
5EX185SM8FF00

ptmullett
Tutor
Tutor
I am still having issues as well. I have the Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Video Doorbell
Wembo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m also having this problem.
2 of my 3 cameras and my audio doorbell won’t connect.
On the latest app version.

Removed the battery from one camera and reinserted and it worked for a few hours then again lost connection
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo iOS app version 2.19.2 seems to have fixed any issues I was having.

To be honest, I know arlo has launched updates in the past that has caused more damage than good.

This time around though, Arlo’s response on acknowledging the problem and pushing a solution was quicker than I have ever seen.

The newest update seems to load extremely fast for me.

Thanks arlo for the fix!

@ShayneS @JessicaP
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes 2.19.2 (993) seems to have fixed the "Your device is not connected" for me as well.

Only thing I can remark, is that display of correct mode (arm icon in camera view) takes 10-15 seconds to display correctly, upon opening the app. This used to be more responsive earlier.

Thanks for follow up @JessicaP !

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have to correct my previous post, problem is not fixed. Back again now...

Although it seems to take shorter time for app to figure out that everything is online after all.

Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
No change with me. Still just as broken
Pi1grim
Aspirant
Aspirant
The 2.19.2 update causes the occasional disconnect issue on my (4) Arlo Pro 2s, but unfortunately my audio doorbell is still completely unresponsive and lists as “offline.”
Arlonium
Tutor
Tutor

I've also had my entire system now not work after updates. It's not recognizing my cvr plan anymore which doesn't expire until December. I've heard they are trying to push people to pay for the smart as well as the cvr. I'm done and out. Going to sell my system and switch to something else. It's too unreliable and too expensive.

Pi1grim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Per my original comment, I was able to get the audio doorbell back online and working by power cycling it.
JJPLaw
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve had the same issue.  I tried adding the two factor authentication that it said i would be required by 9/30 and it seems to have gone away.  Time will tell, but worth a try. 

huie0005
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the tip! Setting the 2 factor authentication resolved the issue for me as well.
Hollyhawk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m on the latest version and have 2 factor on.

It was stable for about 12 hours now I’m having same problem again.
wbtje
Guide
Guide
Stil having the Same issues with the latest software
Rogch
Guide
Guide

Started about two weeks ago, three out of four cameras connected to VMB4000 base keep show up as "Your device is not connected" in iOS app.  The one of them does not have this problem at all.  Actually the viewing frame for the other three will flash an image then immediately display the "Your device is not connected" again.  A few other observations:

1. I can go to my PC browser logging into the account and see all cameras without this problem.  

2. I put one camera next to base then resync and have the same problem so distance is ruled out.  

3. I tried moving the base to the far side of the house away from the wifi router.  So wifi congestion does not seems to be the issue

4. I've tried resync many times and it doesn't help.  

5. I sync a camera that with problem with VMB4000r3 with the older VMB3010 base and it works fine.  So problem is with VMB400r3 only

6. I 've tried replacing camera battery

Any idea?  I thought this is a base / firmware problem but if so I should have the same problem when view from the PC as well.  So this is really weird.  

Firmware version on VMB4000r3 is 1.16.2.5_3508_62dfaa0

Firmware version on Arlo Pro camera: 1.092.0.25_24_986 

lenard777
Star
Star

Arlo (Netgear) is a greedy company and needs to hire some decent programmers and stop trying to just wing it to maximize their profits. I am also looking for another company. Their chat line NEVER works online.

Peterjung
Star
Star
Hi @JessicaP,

iOS app version 2.19.2 (993) DID NOT fix the issue.

My cameras are still experiencing “Your device is not connected” errors when I launch the iOS app.

My 3 cameras are on Firmware 1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184

My iPhone 11 iOS version was recently updated to 13.6.1

Pls pass my feedback to the engineers.

Thank you
Herkdrvr
Aspirant
Aspirant

From time to time the app on one device shows my router is Arlo offline. But On another device it shows all my cameras! Today it showed this:

CBF5BC33-5E1A-473F-93B0-978A73B2144C.png

I’ve rebooted the Arlo router. No change. Any suggestions?

tesram
Guide
Guide

Rev 2.19.2 (993) seemed to have solved the problem for 2 days but today the problem is back as bad as ever.  Before, it was only bad on one device - my iphone; It has now spread to my wife's iphone and ipad as well.

vickersd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an arlo Ultra system with two cameras.  I purchased 3 extra cameras.  The 3 extra cameras and 1 or the 2 that came with the base station all work fine.  The first camera I connected yesterday hooked up for about 5 minutes, and then started saying Your Device is Not Connected.  After a few hours and having pulled the battery and restarted the base station, I removed it and then tried to add it back.  It kept failing, but then this morning (after leaving it on the power all night) it showed back up in the list of cameras on the app and online (in chrome).  When I tried to view the camera, it tries to connect and then says "Your Devices is Not Connected."  I'm within a few feet of the base station (on my desk), but I can't get it to connect.  Now I removed it again, and it won't connect.  I don't know what else to do.  I bought it all off of amazon.  And I don't want to return the base b/c it and the other included camera is set up and working and the other 3 cameras are working as well.  I just need to know how to fix this.

Thanks,

vickersd

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hello

Phone: IPhone 11 Pro Max
iOS: 13.6.1
Arlo App: 2.91.2 (993)

Since the last update some of my cameras are showing as unavailable to view, it’s suggests a connection problem, but this isn’t correct as my partner can view the cameras on her phone and as soon as she live views the cameras they instantly become available on mine again, but then go back to the unavailable status on my next log in.

This is really frustrating. Any ideas????
huie0005
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately, after 12 hours of stability after setting 2 factor authentication, the issue has returned.
huie0005
Aspirant
Aspirant
I wanted to add a quick addendum. After disabling and enabling the 2 factor authentication setting, issue has been resolved again. We see if this holds out for another 12 hours.
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice
No ‘Disconnected’ issues today.

Had a strange incident with Ultra cams yesterday, covered in another thread. After disconnecting and reconnecting cams, things have been almost stable.

Only thing going on now, is a (very) long delay before app shows armed icon on active cams when a mode is set.
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice
Like previous status, I obviously jinx it by stating a problem free day in writing here.

Now I am met by ‘Your device is not connected’ again when opening app...