Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

everything worked fine, changed router to google Wifi, now app can not find base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
djmccor
Follower
Follower

Just purchased the new ultra system, hooked it up everything worked fine. Changed router to google Wifi, now app can not find base station. Tried to reinstall, but it keeps saying no devices found. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
ItsPlayTime
Apprentice
Apprentice

You may need to reset the base station/system as the app is probably looking to the wrong ip address for the base station; especially depending on what router you switched from. Different brands use different ip ranges 192.168.x.y where x could be 0, 1, 2, 10 or anything else they set the factory default to and y could be anything from 0 to 254 I believe.
Any time I change my router, I basically plan on reinstalling everything on my network.
Im sure this isn't what you want you read but it may be the case. Someone else with more knowledge on networking may reply with an easier fix but that's what I would do.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo system doesn't care about IP addresses. The base simply needs one to connect to the servers and the app or web browser will just use the server access to see the system.

Before doing anything else, try using a computer web browser. There have been a number of issues recently when changing to a mesh network which may be due to a single SSID for both frequency bands. Use of a mobile device may be part of the problem. 

What are the LEDs on the base showing? WHat have you tried and what do you see? As long as the Internet LED is green, there should be no issue. It sorta sounds like you feel the need to reset the system but all that's usually needed is to turn the base off, connect it to the new router and power the base back on. There may be an issue if the base is plugged into a satellite rather than the main router so give that a try, too.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation