Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
guyfrommidtown
Follower
Follower

I have base station VMB5000 connected to 9 Arlo cameras (2 Arlo Ultra’s and 7 Arlo 2 Pro’s) was working fine until I updated to 2.14 (72) firmware/iOS software. I cannot view my camera feed nor review any recorded footage. I tried restarting/rebooting the base station to no avail. When I try to review footage the video does not play and when I try to stream my camera feeds I got the status icon along with the “connecting” message. Please help as these issues are rendering my system useless. The cameras are recording as I see the updated/new thumbnails of new videos. Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is this only happening on your iOS device? Are you able to view if you use the web client from a PC?

If you're still experiencing issues, try uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store. Test again to see if you experience the same behavior on the new install.

JamesC

Jsijnja
Guide
Guide
Exactly the same issue for me. My Arlo Ultra system with 3 cameras seems to be going haywire in the last couple of days (firmware 2.14). Firstly keep getting “battery needs charging” on one camera that is permanently connected to a charger and was previously stable. Then I removed that camera from the Smart Hub and now can’t add it back in. When trying to stream the remaining 2 cameras from app or web it won’t stream, and the webpage says “maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously” even though I can’t even stream 1.

I spent over $1000 on this Arlo system thinking I would get a great system. When it works it’s good, but so often it’s not working, and it’s such a time waster. So many unrelated issues with the software. I wish I could return this system and buy a wired system for half the price. Certainly not a happy customer, and I certainly would dissuade anyone I know from getting this system.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jsijnja,

Given the number of issues you're experiencing, I recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate these issues. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Jsijnja
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the reply James. But I don’t have time to be dealing with support people over what appears to be a firmware issue. I just need a system that is set and forget.

Between the wifi channel interference (which means I have pretty much had to go through and wire my previously wireless home network at great inconvenience), the poor battery life (which means I am running chargers to all 3 cameras), and the fact that the “overwrite automatically” function for sd card doesn’t work (which means I have to frequently manually remove it, insert into pc, delete old recordings, and reinsert it), then I don’t have much patience for any other issues.

If this issue is not resolved soon is there a possibility of downgrading firmware on SmartHub?

Thanks
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo won't go backwards with their firmware, but others on here did that themselves when it took months to correct the library filtering issue. If you search the web, there are some sites that keep the older firmware. Download and install that until the problem is fixed. Don't forget to turn Auto Updates off or it will get overwritten. Good Luck
Jsijnja
Guide
Guide
Thanks HazzMatt
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation