Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zooming is possible on iOS after video is paused but only if you do finger-pinch-expand

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZooMatt
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JessicaP, I noticed the previous thread was declared "solved" and no longer taking comment. Unfortunately, I'd say it's not solved at all. Zooming IS possible now with iOS after the video is paused, but only if you do a finger-pinch-expand, which can inadvertently cause the video to play since the only way to play/pause is by touching the screen (there is no conventional play button in the lower left). The whole interface is really buggy. And to date, the online playback capabilities don't offer pause and zoom.

This whole issue is a real oversight by Arlo. I own both SurveillanceStation by Synology and whatever playback software Swann provides and both offer very user-friendly playback functions with zoom capability and the ability to move the screen around. I can't believe I have to suggest this, but I highly recommend your tech team study the competition. Arlo has so many good things going on, but this is a real achilles heel for your product. Will most likely have to return. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate your feedback. Your feedback is noted and will be passed along to the development team.

ZooMatt
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JessicaP. Perhaps you can include a sample video clip on your website so a prospective buyer can test out it's functionality. I researched just about every aspect of the Alro Pro 3. Had I known playback was so limited, I never would have purchased. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation