Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will not detect motion in activity zone. Tried doing 180 degree angle and no activity zone.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tom82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Day two of the install I’ve moved the front camera to where i want it. It will not detect motion in the activity zone when people walk up to the house I’ve had two parcels delivered separately today it didn’t pick up either of them. I have been out with the dog this evening it detected me leaving but not return.

I have the whole 180 degree camera angle set as no activity zone and also tried parts of it as the activity zone and then the whole thing.

The firmware version is the latest one i have deleted the camera restarted the hub taken the battery out wiped out the whole system and started from scratch the camera in the rear garden works fine. They are of equal distance from the hub plugged directly into the router.

I have tried with no rules set, setting record time all done in armed mode.

I am now out of options after two whole days of this.

The attachment is the whole area i should be able to cover

2 REPLIES 2
Tom82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Day time shot of the area i want to cover this is without activity zone sensitivity set to max 60 second record. As stated before also tried with full and partial activity zones
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It looks like motion may be directly at the camera which PIR sensors have a hard time detecting. Motion should be across the FOV, not at the camera, for best detection. There's an FAQ here on best positioning that could be a worthwhile read.

Also, check your motion sensitivity setting in your modes and rules. Increasing it may also be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation