Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlo618
Star
Star

Hello, Arlo Support team

I have an existing Arlo account that has several hubs at different location with a bunch of Arlo Pro 2 Cameras and Lights.

I had a 1 month trial of Arlo Smart Premier plan active on this account

I purchased Arlo Ultra kit and installed it. 

Then I cancelled the trial plan, expecting to use the 1 year free plan.

I do not see the 1 year plan added to my account.

Customer support (via Chat) told me i need a new email address and have create a new account, then i have re-add all my devices, including the Arlo Ultras.

Everything is purchased and is used in the US.

Could someone from Arlo support assist me with this? I need the 1 year plan added to my existing account.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo618,

If you already had the 1 month trial plan at the time you added your SmartHub to your account, this is why the 1 year free plan was not automatically claimed.

To claim the 1 year free plan, the SmartHub must be added to an account that does not have an active trial or paid subscription plan.

After cancelling the 1 month trial plan, you need to remove and readd your SmartHub to automatically apply the 1 year free plan.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo618,

If you already had the 1 month trial plan at the time you added your SmartHub to your account, this is why the 1 year free plan was not automatically claimed.

To claim the 1 year free plan, the SmartHub must be added to an account that does not have an active trial or paid subscription plan.

After cancelling the 1 month trial plan, you need to remove and readd your SmartHub to automatically apply the 1 year free plan.

JamesC

Arlo618
Star
Star

Thank you!  That's exactly what i did last night. 

So the solution for anyone running into this issue is:

• Cancel your trial/existing plan
  • Remove the Smart Hub
  • Re-add the Smart Hub
  • The 1 year plan notification will appear as you finish setting up the device
VLM4030
Aspirant
Aspirant
Open free vídeo. Camara

VLM4030
Aspirant
Aspirant
Open smarthub free

UArlo
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem and I followed the instructions in this thread from JamesC.

I had an Arlo Baby which is how I got started with Arlo. I removed it from the account and returned the camera to the retailer after deciding to get the 4 Ultra Kit (VMS5541C-100NAS) and benefit from the upgrade to better cameras and the full Smart Premier 1yr plan that comes free with the kit. After removing and returning the Baby, I then proceeded to follow JamesC's instructions of removing the Ultra and re-adding it. It was such a painful exercise last night that took more than 1.5hrs to get the cameras to rejoin the hub. Once they did, I still saw no difference in the subscription settings. There's not "smart" recording, or any noticeable feature except "live streaming".  PLUS, HomeKit was disabled in the process and hasn't come back as an option to re-enable. This has been the most disappointing experience with something I'd hoped would be seamless to enable and add to our new home.

1. How do I get the free Arlo Smart Premier plan added to my account? Without this I'm going to return this kit as well.

2. How do I get HomeKit added again without the pain of having to remove devices and attempt to re-add? I went through this 3 times already to get HomeKit enabled the first time when setting it up out of the box (after the firmware was updated). I was shocked that by doing it one more time just to get the Smart Premier setup with hope that it was the Arlo Baby free plan that was causing the problem that now I have nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UArlo,

It appears you already have an open support case on this issue. An agent should be reaching out to you with an update soon.

JamesC

UArlo
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried this a number of times since seeing this thread and proposed solution without success.

I think in particular what I may be missing is how to properly remove/cancel any plan I may have or had. Under Current Subscription and Plan I have “No Arlo Smart Plan Yet” which based on other threads seems to be the label for the default basic plan. I used to have a Baby Arlo that I returned as part of this mess to try to activate the included Arlo Smart Premier plan that comes with the Arlo Ultra. This week alone I must have removed all 5 cameras and the hub at least 4 times and then added each one back. I have yet to see the 1 yr plan get activated. I have also been unable in all of these attempts been able to restore HomeKit for my Arlo. What am I missing?

JamesC has also promised that support was going to be reaching out to me “soon” but that’s also not happened. Unless I get resolution I will next order a new kit, create a whole new account and return the bum kit that is failing to get paired with it’s included 1 yr plan and HomeKit.

Any other suggestions?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation