Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
deano3020
Initiate
Initiate

I've had nothing but issues with Arlo and I honestly don't know why I am still using them.

There were reports that last night someone was going around the neighbourhood checking car doors. Many people have checked their CCTV (not Arlo) to confirm this, even two doors down. I check our Arlo library for recordings and low and behold, no footage. Not only that but no footage at all except from my partner leaving for work and we pay for 30 days!

If the worst happened and a car was stolen and I had no footage of it because of Arlo's useless system? Livid wouldn't come anywhere near it to be honest.

This isn't the only issue either. Recordings have miraculously disappeared and sometimes there will be movement notifications without recordings at all.

Which brings me to the title of this rant, what are we actually paying for?!

5 REPLIES 5
arlodisappoints
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree 100%! The service is so poor.  The products do not work well and I honestly regret having ever bought them.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you sure by the by the other peoples recordings that the person came in range of you camera

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dcfox1 wrote:

Are you sure by the by the other peoples recordings that the person came in range of you camera

That point struck me too. Seems like @deano3020 assumed that the prowler had visited them. Maybe the Arlo system didn't see anyone because there was no one there to see.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
deano3020
Initiate
Initiate
Yes that is possible however you’re both missing the main point of their being no previous recordings in the library when we’re meant to get 30 days. Paying for a service we’re not getting is robbery.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@deano3020 wrote:
Yes that is possible however you’re both missing the main point of their being no previous recordings in the library when we’re meant to get 30 days. Paying for a service we’re not getting is robbery.

Well, your earlier post said you were getting some recordings (you and your partner).

If you aren't getting any recordings at all, then you should first check to see if the cameras are in the subscription list (selecting "manage cameras").  Some have found that their cameras somehow were dropped from the plan.

Then try testing the motion detection: https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation