Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What are the power requirements of the Arlo Ultra cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CANetUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

What voltage and wattage do the Arlo Ultra cameras require during operation and standby?

What is the power output range of the Arlo Ultra solar panel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the rated output of the charger includes a safety buffer - the camera very likley draws less than that, even when operating. I don't know how much buffer is included but a 2A USB charger is pretty typical for most devices these days.

The solar panel is just a trickle charger and will charge with the battery installed. The current output is going to be small, even in strong light. The Pro cameras will still discharge the batteries when used heavily even though a solar panel is connected - I'd expect nothing less with Ultra.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ultra requires;

5v@2A is the output of adapter

( tho at standby prob  very little ; guessament less than 50ma )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CANetUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you TomMac

10 W sounds like pretty high draw for a camera. Is the cable/adapter a standard USB power adapter? If the Ultra is on DC power or powered by the solar panel does the battery charge while it is in the camera or does the battery need to be removed in order to charge?

Any idea what the expected power output of the solar panel will be?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the rated output of the charger includes a safety buffer - the camera very likley draws less than that, even when operating. I don't know how much buffer is included but a 2A USB charger is pretty typical for most devices these days.

The solar panel is just a trickle charger and will charge with the battery installed. The current output is going to be small, even in strong light. The Pro cameras will still discharge the batteries when used heavily even though a solar panel is connected - I'd expect nothing less with Ultra.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation