Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
hjscm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the 4 camera system from best buy.  First time with arlo.  I have my modem and router in my living room and hooked up the smart hub there.  I put it about 8' away from my wireless router.  My house is about 3,000sqft.  I can not get any of my cameras to connect once i go outside my house?  Is there a way to extend my signal?

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no way to extend your Smarthub's signal.... The hub sets up it;s own wifi network for the cameras only.

You can 1) locate the hub centrally so all cameras get a signal ( you can use a wifi extender with an ethernet port or cat5 cable if there )  2) buy a second hub so that all the cameras get a good signal ( one at each end of home ) as this is the only true way to expand coverage area

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Idno whats going on BUT my system has been seeing so much connection issues with multiple cameras (ultra)... Arlo needs to fix this ASAP!! They gotta clean up their act! Why pay all this $$ and have people experience these Wireless connection Issues
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no way to extend your Smarthub's signal.... The hub sets up it;s own wifi network for the cameras only.

You can 1) locate the hub centrally so all cameras get a signal ( you can use a wifi extender with an ethernet port or cat5 cable if there )  2) buy a second hub so that all the cameras get a good signal ( one at each end of home ) as this is the only true way to expand coverage area

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have a pretty big property... so I use 3 Arlo Ultra base stations and Im still getting issues??? Maybe I need to buy more but they all have to be hardwired which cause issues!!! Hopefully Arlo makes wireless or plug in extenders for the base station signals to go our further.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the bases need internet access via ethernet port, but they don't need to all be on the same network.

you can have multi bases in multi locations ( even diff states ).

They will work on extenders with ethernet port if the extenders reach.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation