Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ehechter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done some searching on here but can't find the answer. When is the update available to enable you to view local storage directly, instead of taking out the card/usb and plug it to to a computer?
I just bought Arlo Ultra and it comes with 1-year free cloud storage, I personally prefer the 7-day storage that comes from a Pro 2. I learned this today 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The direct view has been mentioned for the end of year / early next year...but no real date has been given... it's a wait till it comes.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The direct view has been mentioned for the end of year / early next year...but no real date has been given... it's a wait till it comes.

Morse is faster than texting!
ehechter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!
Would you happen to have the link to that announcement by chance?

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Needs to happen soon
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

This comes from an Arlo moderator:

Re: Will the remote access to SD card recordings v... - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Don't count on it with these people I have a $25 camera that takes an SD card I can view it from anywhere. I believe they said by the second half of this year we'll see
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
...I have a $25 camera that takes an SD card I can view it from anywhere.

You can do that with Arlo cameras.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
True but you have to remove the SD card and put it in your computer. The camera I'm talkin about you don't have to do that you can view it from anywhere that you have internet access. Without removing the SD card
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

That was not clear from your enigmatic comment.

As stated, Arlo expects to have local access ready by year end.

If it doesn't there will be thousands of unhappy Ultra users whose bundled subscription expires in January.

Arlo could use the excuse that Best Buy jumped the gun and let Ultra kit out in January whereas everyone else observed the official launch date in April, but I can't see that one washing.

Just another user
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Okay thanks for the information. hopefully we got it soon that would be great
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation