Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

maharrm
Guide
Guide

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

Best answers
  • vtmad
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

No, my problem is solved. I had already updated to 5.01 but that did not solve things. I then did an IOS update and that took care of the problem.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on the fix for the issue with the remote access. I will provide another update as soon as I have more information related to the release. 

Thank you for your patience

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

525 REPLIES 525
dyran_1999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am on my iphone. 

Will there be a fix patch for this?

Thanks. 

Henrysky
Apprentice
Apprentice

From June 3rd?

Henrysky
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just wonder if there is any quickly temporary solution to bring people out of security risk? Case like this, actually it is an upgrade failure without any intention? From industry perspective and release management's view, not sure is there any backup plan available? So far,  why not back to the prior version, push out as a temporary solution? Almost all my friends who use Arlo system had the same problem, port forwarding enable---but status is not available. I am in Canada.

I remember the same problem happened at 2022 December, please check my posts at that time period. Now, same problem happens again!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Henrysky wrote:

I just wonder if there is any quickly temporary solution to bring people out of security risk?

Of course one thing you can do is get a subscription until the problem is resolved.

Is your issue with recording, or accessing the recordings in the app?  There is an issue with the iOS app and port forwarding at the moment - the workaround there is to switch to a home VPN instead.  That does require a router that supports a VPN (for instance Netgear's Orbi and Nighthawk routers).

dyran_1999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update for this issue. 

I am really waiting. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dyran_1999 wrote:

Any update for this issue. 

I am really waiting. 

I don't work for Arlo, and have no idea when they will fix this.

kamranbaig
Tutor
Tutor

Today, I received new Arlo Ultra camera and hub. I did mange to connect all the camera's with the hub (cloud and local storage working fine with Home network only).

Port-forwarding doesn't work even I removed all the system couple of time but Arlo Hub doesn't connect with the Virgin Media Super Hub-5?

steve_straus
Aspirant
Aspirant

After reading other people's issues with the same problem I can't find a solution to getting the clips to be saved to my hub via a USB drive. I have the newest version of the APP with "Feed" in the bottom tray (only for cloud clips) so I understand the clips stored locally would be accessible only under SmartHub —> Storage Settings —> Local Storage Settings. View Recordings is turned on so they should be stored on my USB drive and I have plenty of storage.  

IMG_EF1F633B5BE1-1.jpeg

The USB stick seems to be working as I was successful in reformating it via the red button. Do I simply need to discard everything in the app and start again by first adding the hub and then my cameras?

Fellowship
Aspirant
Aspirant

Up until 3 or 4 months ago, I could access my library recording while on my network as they are stored locally on a 128G flash drive.  Now the library always pops up with a "Videos stored on XXX Base Station are not available.  Please check your connection settings."  I read several articles that say there was a bug a couple of years ago, and it should be fixed now and access local library is only supported on model 4540 and another one.  I do have the 4540 and it worked up until a few months ago.  Several articles said to reboot the hub, and I have many times.  I ejected the flash drive and can see the videos on a computer, so they are recording.

lpd688
Guide
Guide

As I see in the forums many people suddenly have connectivity issues with their cameras w/ 4.14.5 update.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kamranbaig wrote:

Port-forwarding doesn't work 

Are you using an iphone or ipad?  This is a known issue with the iOS app.

cammerz
Apprentice
Apprentice

iPhone. Another user stated Arlo themselves told them you can no longer view locally stored clips off of LAN without paying a subscription

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@steve_straus wrote:

I understand the clips stored locally would be accessible only under SmartHub —> Storage Settings —> Local Storage Settings.

Actually just SmartHub —> Storage Settings.

How big is the USB drive?  Have you tried ejecting the storage from the app, and then connect it to a PC?  Then see if you can find recordings there.

Also, are you getting notifications?  Is it possible that the system isn't armed?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cammerz wrote:

iPhone. Another user stated Arlo themselves told them you can no longer view locally stored clips off of LAN without paying a subscription

That was misinformation.  Either that user misunderstood, or the support agent was mis-informed.

Port forwarding is just a bug if the iOS app - it works fine with the Android app.  I have a home VPN set up, and I can see local recordings remotely when I enable that VPN.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you're using a VPN? If so, try disabling it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fellowship wrote:

Up until 3 or 4 months ago, I could access my library recording while on my network as they are stored locally on a 128G flash drive.  Now the library always pops up with a "Videos stored on XXX Base Station are not available.  Please check your connection settings." 

Is this happening when you are

• connected to your home wifi?
  • remote?
  • both?

FWIW, this happened to one of my bases once.  Although a PITA, removing the camera(s) and base from the account, doing hardware resets on everything, and adding everything back to the account will likely resolve it.

cammerz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well hopefully they fix it soon, I don’t have a VPN setup

Vshah804
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm using local storage with a USB base station for my Arlo Pro 3. Recently, I've been having issues with the local storage. Sometimes, no events are written to the USB drive, but then it seems to fix itself and starts recording again. However, I can't see those event videos in the app, even though the storage capacity has reduced, indicating that the videos are being recorded. Could you please help?

gbweir
Star
Star

Does anybody know if Arlo is going to provide a fix?

nhudon
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Since I updated my Arlo system to Feed, I cannot access local recordings on my Smarthub remotely.

My Smarthub have a static IP address

Port redirection is activated and also configured on my ISP router

Port redirection state indicates "Not available"

I factory reset all my devices (cameras and Smarthub) without success

I can access local recordings when I'm connect to my Wifi network but not remotely.

Any help would be very appreciated

nhudon
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I also verified if the port is open from the Internet and port is ok.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gonna guess this is on iOS which currently has a known problem with port forwarding to the base. If your router supports a VPN that allows you to access your network remotely, that may be your best solution.

nhudon
Tutor
Tutor

Yes on iOS but was working fine since, I think, I updated my Arlo system to Feed instead of Library.

I don't have any other device to test if the issue is related to iOS

Merak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have two Iphones with ios 17.5.1.

One with latest Arlo update and one with older app version from 2023. Only the older version supports port forwarding. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Thanks

Erik

Fellowship
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is happening both ways.