Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video streaming "loading..." forever

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jeff890
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, on my arlo app, the videos never load when I try to play them from outside the home network, it does update the device status though such as thumbnail, battery levels etc.

I have tried this on a laptop, android app, iPhone app, all have the same problem, the strange thing is.. when i go to the camera video settings page, the camera video in there always work very smoothly and quickly...

any one has experienced this before and can share a fix?

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff890
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, that did not work either but I did find the reason/solution after testing for a few days..

Since it was cameras I bought, never had Arlo before, I was constantly changing the settings on the camera and I noticed whenever I change the camera settings, this issue would occur, not sure if the cameras need time to update the settings or what, but if it is it does take its time!... I mean I wouldn't be able to access it for a good few hours, sometimes only after a camera restart, it would come back..

So how I figured this out was, yesterday the cameras were working and I could view it from the street, then I changed one of the cameras settings and noticed it stopped working immediately.. but the other camera which i didn't touch, still works........ so its quite an ancient problem that we don't expect to happen to modern devices and at least for this price tag anyway!...

Anyway, i think Arlo needs to fix this, its quite amazing this is a problem that still occurs in 2019...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff890
Aspirant
Aspirant

an update, i am not even able to connect and view the video live in my home wifi (same network as the cameras)

To reduce the likeliness of this being a network issue on my end, i am running below setup:

- Asus RT-AC88U router

- 1000mb internet connection

- first arlo camera is within 30cm of the smarthub with no obstacle in between (wifi signal is full strength)

- second arlo camera is within 300cm of the smarthub with no obstacle in between (wifi signal has 3 out of 4 bars)

- my cellular download speed is 46mbps and upload at 10mbps

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have seen this ( if you mean loading a vid from the library ) too... have not seen it via live view.

Over different browsers on home computer.  I have no fix, I do think it may be the far end with sending videos....

It did clear up a bit after a few days but stil now and then.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jeff890
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply TomMacc, unfortunately that's not what I am referring to, it would be a smaller problem if it is.

It's the live video I try to view, it doesn't load at all, the rest all works flawlessly...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled the base? It's possible that resetting the whole system may be needed to clear out whatever weirdness is occurring.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeff890,

DId power cycling as suggested help? Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

Jeff890
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, that did not work either but I did find the reason/solution after testing for a few days..

Since it was cameras I bought, never had Arlo before, I was constantly changing the settings on the camera and I noticed whenever I change the camera settings, this issue would occur, not sure if the cameras need time to update the settings or what, but if it is it does take its time!... I mean I wouldn't be able to access it for a good few hours, sometimes only after a camera restart, it would come back..

So how I figured this out was, yesterday the cameras were working and I could view it from the street, then I changed one of the cameras settings and noticed it stopped working immediately.. but the other camera which i didn't touch, still works........ so its quite an ancient problem that we don't expect to happen to modern devices and at least for this price tag anyway!...

Anyway, i think Arlo needs to fix this, its quite amazing this is a problem that still occurs in 2019...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation