Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Very disappointed about Arlo Ultra motion detection; think twice before buying

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LucianZ
Guide
Guide

I just installed a 3 Arlo Ultra camera system and I have to say that I had a very big unpleasent surprise. The movements around my cars which are around 20 meters from camera are not detected, the movement in back of my yard is also not detected. I am very, very, very angry because Arlo does not specify in any technical specification that their camera can detect motion only at 5-7 meters away maximum. Of course there are some articles in manuals and forums, but as a customer usualy you don't read all articles from knowledge base. I expected this important future for a survailance camera, like motion detection range, to be specified in tehnical specification with all characteristics, not only "Dual Motion Detectors, 150 degree horizontal".

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the max range for the Ultra falls at about 25 ft+ ( not the 60 ft you mentioned ).

The angle of the camera upwards and the increase of sense levels can maybe extend the range a bit, but prob not to 60ft.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ultra, like all the other wireless cameras, uses a PIR sensor which limits the distance at which motion can be detected. Repositioning cameras closer to the desired detection area obviously would be needed. A Q camera uses pixel detection so can be used indoors pointed through glass to see much further.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation