Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS5240 Network Drivers

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

I have been having audio cutting in and out on both cameras since installation. Full signal!! Called support twice because the first time I thought I had dialed the wrong number and was being scammed! Was told they needed me to DL "team viewer" so they could remotely  look at my sys32 files for correct network drivers and if missing they would install and fix my audio issue for $99 US. To my surprise the second call told me the same thing and I did need the drivers to fix the issue. I hung up and starting typing. Can't quite wrap my head around the fact I need to pay Netgear/Arlo support to render my cameras audio usable. The problems is only noticeable while using my iphone.  Any knowledgeable feedback is appreciated. 😞  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

Finally reached the correct support. Beware of fraudulent websites and tech-support! Just had to remove cameras and reinstall.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, you DID phone a scammer. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Googling for support is always a crap-shoot.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Last night the audio feed was working. Today it’s back to cutting in and out and I also noticed the record and snapshot icons are both missing from the video feed. How does the installation of drivers on my PC fix a problem on the Arlo app audio feed ? Where is the common connection between Modem/Router, Smart Hub, PC, and Arlo app ?
https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/4F52B858CC8BB1DB_201912
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

Finally reached the correct support. Beware of fraudulent websites and tech-support! Just had to remove cameras and reinstall.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation