VMB5000r4 firmware update not available

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
misterkash
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station is stuck on firmware 1.19.0.3_1237_68a8e53 and when you go into the settings to check the firmware it says "no updates available."  Anyway to force an update / manually update without removing the base unit from my account? I can't view any locally recorded videos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @misterkash 

I made an adjustment to your SmartHub, can you check to see if there is an update available now? 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the hub. Also, what country are you in? Firmware may be rolled out by region rather than all at once.

misterkash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, have rebooted multiple times, been stuck on this firmware for many months (maybe even a year), based in Australia. 

I believe there is a solution for an Arlo Moderator to put my unit onto "production firmware" for it to update. Hoping @ShayneS can help! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't say whether Australia is supposed to be on any particular version. Removing the hub (and associated cameras) from your account and starting fresh may or may not get a newer firmware. 

@JamesC or @ShayneS ?

misterkash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, my cameras are mounted on a double storey home,  so are not very accessible for re-enrollment once the base station is removed. So I'm really hoping this can be resolved remotely 😊

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @misterkash 

I made an adjustment to your SmartHub, can you check to see if there is an update available now? 

misterkash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Legend! Yes that worked! And it even auto-updated and is now on 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3 and with local saved clips working! 

thank you for helping with this, I’ve been having this issue for literally a year and you helped resolve it in less than a day!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@misterkash : ) you are welcome

Sorry I wasn't able to solve this for you sooner, let me know if you have any other concerns and I will do my best to assist you.

Have a good one!

Paintinglady86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Could you share what the fix is here?  I think our system is have the same issue. I’m stuck on 1.16 with no option to update. Can’t install the security system I just purchased. 

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Paintinglady86 

Are you still experiencing an issue, I see your devices are online at the moment. 

Paintinglady86
Aspirant
Aspirant

no, I ended up deleting the base station and cameras from my account and reinstalled them. This forced the base station to update to the latest version. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation