Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000r4 No Push Notifications Since Updates Done

Discussion stats
Nikkidee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since updating to iOS 13.1.2 and having version 2.9.1 (1134) I have not been receiving push notifications. I am able to get email notifications though? Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team released a cloud fix late last night that resolves this issue. Thank you for all the confirmations that the fix is now allowing push notifications to be received.

JamesC

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
AussieSkier
Star
Star

Just subscribed and have the current firmware and App - live in Australia - subscribed to Premier Plan

I do not receive Rich Notifications as advertised - text only, no photo/picture  on Samsung S8+.

The "Call a Friend" and e911 option is also not available, and does not appear as a menu option.

All camera's are active

Albymangels
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo, I’m no longer receiving push notifications from my system; however, I still live camera vision and library downloads. I believe it’s a problem with your new app. The system was working fine yesterday. 

SGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. Lost push notifications only on all devices. Have activated email notifications to get by. Tried everything to get push notifications back. No luck. Arlo please fix ASAP.
Wheatpack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes same problem here looks to record motion etc and puts it in the library but no notifications - pretty frustrating as it’s been working since we purchased them about a month ago then about 2 days ago it stopped.... If there are common issues with these devices they should be communicated to affected users...
Brainster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Working one day then not the next.
SGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have emailed Arlo. 3-5 business days to reply. If anyone gets notifications working before then please share. From what I can see, customers everywhere have this issue and haven’t had it resolved for months. NB door bell has stopped calling devices.
McIntyreFam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have recently stopped getting notifications and can’t see why
Chell
Aspirant
Aspirant
We haven’t been getting any notifications on our phones, I have an IPhone and a Samsung and they are both not working and haven’t been for the last 2 days. Something needs to be fixed ASAP. I have tried everything to get notifications but to no avail.
squid2107
Tutor
Tutor
Since the upgrade I have no notifications at all. I have checked all
Software and notification settings. I have re-I stalled app numerous times, re booted base station and my modem as well as reading all other suggestions in the forums on here regarding the issue.
I am running iOS 13 and the most recent app.
Very frustrating, not much point having cameras if I am not being notified when they are triggered.
SGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Emailed and sent arlo a FB message. Waiting for a reply. Looks like many other people have same issue.
JandK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I  bought my cameras today - same issue. Have tried turning notifications off and on in both the arlo app and iOS settings. Have set zones and power cycled the base station as well as deleting the app and starting over. Not a great introduction to the product seeing they were purchased specifically to be notified of movement. Would love to know when arlo plan on fixing this issue.

Nikkidee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your message. I’ve just spent 40 minutes on the phone trying different troubleshooting options. Still no push notifications. Case has been escalated to higher technical support to see if they can help. Fingers crossed they get back to me quickly.
SGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update.
I received a email from arlo pretty much stating. try turn it off and on again. Please share if you get it resolved. Thanks.
Vidura
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 2.9.1

IoS 13.1.1

2 days ago app stopped sending push notifications, email notification still happen. The most important part of the system which are the notifications have stopped working. Tried everything from reinstalling the app to resetting the smart hub. Nothing has worked so far

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@squid2107 wrote:
I am running iOS 13 and the most recent app.

Can you let us know the actual app version?

squid2107
Tutor
Tutor
2.9.1 (1134)

Thanks
Streak2
Master Master
Master

There are a number of posts about this. There appears to be a problem with the app under IOS 13. Arlo are aware of this and are working on a fix.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the legacy app also installed on the iPhone/iPad?

If it is, try uninistallng it.

squid2107
Tutor
Tutor
No Legacy is not installed.
Very frustrating!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You might want to contact support ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx ).

That apparently can also be frustrating, but still would be the next step.

Do you have a paid subscription, or are you using the free basic plan?

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I've got app version 2.9.2_2593 which I pretty much updated to when it came out on android 6 . Initially it seemed to notify on most notifiable events but I'm sure it missed a few per day as did the immediately preceding versions but the videos were in the library. The last couple of days though, I've got no notifications for my ultra system but heaps should have come through. On the other hand my arlo pros ARE reliably sending through notifications.

My wife's phone who's arlo app I only updated yesterday (was on about 2.8.1 ish maybe? Certainly post legacy app) had the same lack of notifications for the last few days.

This looks like  a back end issue to me. It would be good if Arlo notified when the backend was updated like they do for firmware updates.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

My wife's I-phone is still getting them perfectly but then she still hasn't updated to ios13.  My S10 which was working great for 3 weeks since dealing with support about doze mode suddenly quit working again 3 days ago whenever it goes to doze.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

It's not just iOS. I've got the same on Android.

Also why does status.arlo.com always report 'All Good' when clearly it's not.

Chell
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t updated my iPhone either to ISO13. It’s now been 4 straight days. I have tried everything to make it work. Plus it’s still not working on the Samsung either. Which I find very weird.