Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JeffreyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lost access to local video library both on home network and with port forwarding recently. Can’t access from iPhone. Get this screen with no functionality.
83BEAAEC-89C4-4C10-85CF-50EAD98B4784.png
Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated these concerns. The team is currently reviewing these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

48 REPLIES 48
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JeffreyM wrote:
Lost access to local video library both on home network and with port forwarding recently. Can’t access from iPhone. Get this screen with no functionality.

Your screen shot is showing the cloud library.  When you press "Library" at the top, do you have the option to select a base station?

Have you double-checked that direct access to local storage is still enabled in the base?

It might be good to restart the base.  Also check that it's IP Address hasn't changed (if it has, then you'll probably need to change the forwarding rule in the router). 

BTW, if your router lets you reserve local IP addresses, you should reserve the IP address of the smarthub. 

JeffreyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. No option to select base station is not available. The app also does not list the port forwarding option. Makes me question the app. I have deleted and reinstalled several times. Including screen shot of storage settings. Thank you for your help.
2AA8177A-B3F8-4485-8341-C66076253DED.png
Sennant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same problem.  Worked a week ago.  Now no access to direct storage.  The option is gone from the menu.  Just did a complete reset with factory and still not there. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JeffreyM wrote:
No. No option to select base station is not available. The app also does not list the port forwarding option. Makes me question the app. I have deleted and reinstalled several times. Including screen shot of storage settings. Thank you for your help.

Can you post the firmware version running on your base?

Sennant
Aspirant
Aspirant

1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sennant wrote:

1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf.

Interesting.  My VMB5000 bases are still running 1.17.1.2_1157_0e6c162

This could be firmware related - I'm tagging @JamesC to call this to his attention.

Sennant
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, after going back into the app AGAIN today, my firmware has been downgraded back to 1.17.1.2 and I have access to direct storage again.   So it is definitely firmware-related.   Would be nice if they actually put release notes up when they upload firmware to the servers for download.

JeffreyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is the firmware version running on my base.
726D42EE-5589-4904-87A0-1876DE91BF17.png
Sennant
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is something wrong with 18 that no one will comment on from Arlo.  I had it and lost the same stuff you did.  Mine reverted back to 17 this morning and magically everything is back.   Hopefully, you revert back to 17 here soon too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JeffreyM,

Check the mobile app store and be sure you have the latest version available. Test again to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

JeffreyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update app on iPhone. Still unable to access local storage
NOMOREFUDGICLES
Tutor
Tutor

Have same problem. base fw 1.18.03_1197_d554faf

How do I access my local storage in the meantime? Had an incident I need video for, and this sucks.

Come on people, doesn't anyone do full testing there before a release? (rhetorical)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NOMOREFUDGICLES wrote:

How do I access my local storage in the meantime? Had an incident I need video for, and this sucks.

You can remove the microSD card from the base, and connect it to a PC.  Then browse the files from the PC.

If your PC doesn't have a microSD slot, you'd need to get a USB adapter (USD prices are $10-$20).

NOMOREFUDGICLES
Tutor
Tutor

So how does this get fixed. You have THOUSANDS of customers who have the SAME ISSUES... Why is the company so unresponsive to these issues, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, does software get deployed to our devices??

I want to access MY VIDEO RECORDINGS on my LOCAL DEVICE. Fix this NOW.

Friendly reminder, in case you forgot your mission & vision statements:

Our vision is to bring peace of mind by connecting and protecting what people care about the most.

We build trusted, lifelong customer relationships by creating innovative, smart security solutions that deliver an exceptional user experience.

You failed the mission, Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated these concerns. The team is currently reviewing these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue. No local storage option for viewing videos from the library via the iPhone Arlo app. It use to be visible.

Nick-Leverett
Tutor
Tutor

I am also having the same problem; unable to access local SD card videos either via local WiFi or external internet via Port Forwarding. So far I've tried re-installing iPhone app, and unplugging and plugging the power for the base station. Firmware on the base station is 1.17.1.2_1157_0e6c162 (which says it's up to date).

JeffreyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Woke up this morning and access to local recordings with port forwarding on iPhone now available working fine. I’m thinking an issue with update to either iPhone app or base station firmware, but, I’m no expert.
38062BE7-7F23-49C0-B09C-CDB523B5E980.png
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been deployed. This fix should be automatic for those who already have local storage set up. If you're still experiencing an issue, try logging out and logging back in to your mobile app and try again.

Thanks,

JamesC

stvnuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with my base station running firmware 1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf

Port forwarding status says "not available"
You said a fix was deployed on 21 April. It's now 30 April and still broken.

Please fix this and provide an update on this forum.
srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sennant
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not an app issue, it appears to be a firmware issue.

Nick-Leverett
Tutor
Tutor
Still an issue for me too, even after base station firmware updated to 1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf and iPhone app updated to 3.6.4
NOMOREFUDGICLES
Tutor
Tutor

Everything you said to look for, is set as needed. FW, settings, etc. Cannot access local library, and it actually looks like the local recording had stopped as well, a while ago.  restarted everything many times, cleared app data from phone and ipad, reinstalled apps, everything but hard reset the base to factory - I shouldn't have to.

Your company hard sells the paid option, which many people here have NO interest in purchasing. I feel that that Arlo has a strategy to screw the local storage, making it so that people surrender and buy the cloud services???

When your engineers stated they'd push an update to "fix" this problem, what was the identified cause of the problem?

Discussion stats