Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 home base and 4K UHD connection problems

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
djax
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a VMB3500 home base with 4 cameras. System works great but the cameras are too low definition for any distance so I bought a 4K UHD camera add-on which is supposed to work with any system. When attempting to add the camera to the system the app does not offer the UHD selection of cameras and the other wireless camera option does not pickup or recognize the 4k when attempting to sync. The web option offers a UHD camera options but when I go into this option it no longer recognizes my home base even though I can view all four of my cameras live if I am not trying to add this camera. Called tech support and he was nothing but rude. Kept telling me that it was my network issue even though my other cameras work perfectly, while watching Amazon Prime, while my son plays X-Box Live all without any issues nor lag. Since there is obvious errors with both the app and the web page because they are both lacking in different ways I said "no I think you have a software problem" which he replied "well that is the difference in thinking and understanding facts." A**hole! This was after he offered me tech support for a nominal fee! Obvious system incompatibility issues or software flaw. I want the system to work but if I cannot get resolution I will simply return all of the products to the store.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djax,

Arlo Ultra is not compatible with the VMB3500 base station. Please take a look here for more information: Is Arlo Ultra backwards compatible with my existing Arlo system?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djax,

Arlo Ultra is not compatible with the VMB3500 base station. Please take a look here for more information: Is Arlo Ultra backwards compatible with my existing Arlo system?

JamesC

djax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the info and it would be helpful if this information was pushed out to the salesmen at places like BestBuy.  Also even the two tech support guys at Arlo that I talked to were unaware and one wanted to charge me a fee to work on my "server problem."  Simple solution though, I will just return them but really wish that it would have worked.  Thanks for the info!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@djax wrote:

Also even the two tech support guys at Arlo that I talked to were unaware and one wanted to charge me a fee to work on my "server problem."

That means you Googled for support rather than using the real Arlo support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation