Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMA5000 Ultra Magnetic Wall Mount

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CapaMoreno
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone read on this forum if Arlo has conducted wind velocity resistance tests on its magnetic wall mounts?
I live in Miami, FL and every so often there are sudden showers which may carry sporadic wind gusts up to 40 mph.
Even though the magnets are quite strong, I am not sure if the camera will remain attached after a strong wind gust.
Those Arlo Ultra cameras aren't cheap (at least for me) and I just don't want to find it blown off its magnetic base after an unexpected minor wind gust.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It does have some weight to it...

If concerned, then I would just use a threaded camera mount.  Either from Arlo or any standard camera mount with a 1/4-20 thread will work

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It does have some weight to it...

If concerned, then I would just use a threaded camera mount.  Either from Arlo or any standard camera mount with a 1/4-20 thread will work

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As TomMac mentions, if you're concerned with the stability of the magnetic mount outside, consider using the Arlo Security Mount (VMA1000). You can find more information on these mounts here: Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

CapaMoreno
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you.
CapaMoreno
Tutor
Tutor
The VMA1000B is a viable alternative but, it is taller than the screw-in model that comes with the VMS5440B kit. Those screw-in mounts have a smaller footprint and I am unable to find them as a stand alone ARLO accessory. I'll search AMAZON to check what's there.
Thanks for your assistance.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I to did not trust them in wind which easily hits 60 mph with gusts here in the PNW.  I found them to easy to knock around and so only kept one for charging until accesories came out.  After adding skins the magnetic ability is even less, reaching for it for charging I bumped it rather lightly and it landed on my sidewalk.  The best advice is indeed the screw mounts.  I purchased the originals at BestBuy with my only wish being they would have been shorter.  The 4 camera set I purchased came with 2 magnetic and 2 screw mounts.  The scew mounts are shorter than those from BB and I wish those were available.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation