Unable to use SDCard

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chappo
Follower
Follower

I purchased a new SD card to start using local storage with my Arlo Cams. I currently have the VMB5000r4 (Smart Hub), and I have two cameras I am running, I have a 4k and a 2k camera. I purchased the SanDisk 128GB microSDXC. Now I'm getting an error saying the inserted SD card cannot be used. I have tried formatting the card, and nothing happens. Why can I not use this SD card with my smart hub system? I planned to purchase more cameras for the outside of my home, but until I can get a resolution, I have zero plans on purchasing more Arlo equipment. 

The card shows to be V30 - Here is the link to the card. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-128gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6495763.p?skuId=...

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried formatting the card using a computer? You likely will have to use a 3rd party program to format to FAT32 since newer OSes want to use a different format. You should also use the OS' utility to check for multiple partitions on the card. If there's more than one, delete all partitions and try again.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation