Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to activate Ultra 1yr free subscription

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
quadric
Tutor
Tutor
CASE: 41417562

I created an account, added my Ultra base station and 3 cameras. Go to subscription and it tells me I have none and need to sign up to a paid plan. Why?

I can't figure out how to get the 1yr free subscription.

Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
quadric
Tutor
Tutor

Turns out that my Arlo account was associated with the country USA, and I bought and was setting up the Arlo Ultra in Australia.

No idea how my account, which I created when I bought the Ultra this past weekend, got associated with the USA.

Either way, all fixed now, I abandoned the old account and created a new one that was checked (by Customer Support) to be associated with Australia.

Just so you are aware, I had to reach out to support through live chat to get this sorted out, no one ever contacted me. Not that great if you ask me - poor support via emails.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

quadric,

It appears an agent has updated your support ticket regarding this issue. Please refer to your open support ticket for more information.

JamesC

quadric
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, but I tried all of this over the weekend and it did not change anything.

I still have no active subscription.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

quadric,

I have escalated and requested an update on your open support ticket. An agent will reach out to you with more information shortly.

JamesC

quadric
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, when will that be exactly. It's been 6days since I raised this issue and I still have not heard anything from support since the initial response (which did not work) 5 days ago.

quadric
Tutor
Tutor

Turns out that my Arlo account was associated with the country USA, and I bought and was setting up the Arlo Ultra in Australia.

No idea how my account, which I created when I bought the Ultra this past weekend, got associated with the USA.

Either way, all fixed now, I abandoned the old account and created a new one that was checked (by Customer Support) to be associated with Australia.

Just so you are aware, I had to reach out to support through live chat to get this sorted out, no one ever contacted me. Not that great if you ask me - poor support via emails.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation