Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra suddenly just stopped detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Whops
Apprentice
Apprentice

I purchased the Arlo 2 Camera System about two months ago from Best Buy.  I have over $1000 dollars invested between cameras and some additional components like Charger, Battery, Charging cables etc.  Support has been little help in keeping this system running.  Hence My other posts on this forum.  Finally I figured out most of the problems myself and the system was working great,  great video,  and had it adjusted so as not to be picking up nuisance motion detection's.  But yesterday it suddenly started detecting motion (but looked like nothing in the video) several times an hour,  it happened to both cameras.  And then suddenly just stopped detecting motion.  I could go out and stand in front of camera,  wave my arms nothing happened, no recorded video. no notification on my phone.  I tried adjusting the activity zone, did not help,  rebooted the base station, still did not work,  uninstalled the app on my phone and then reinstalled the app.  Tested cameras again still nothing.  So now I have over $1000 dollars invested and I have no reliable security.   Again despite all the glowing reviews on You Tube, (I suspect Arlo is paying for them or giving them free hardware)  You will be disappointed if you purchase an Arlo System.   It is hard to guess why after everything was working so good.  That it just quit working,  unless Arlo did some update.   Support promised to let me know if any update to app or firmware was done.   So either the equipment is below standard or support failed me again.   But as of now I have a non working Arlo Ultra System.   I so wish I had purchased Ring.  I purchased the Ring door bell,  and it has been great.   I have not contacted support yet,  usually when I try to contact them they just blow you off and promise to call back. 

I can not believe that Netgear would invest in a company like Arlo and not make sure their systems are quality and support is up to the standard of Netgear and their competition  like Ring. Which by the way has excellent support.   I have great internet service,  over 200 Mbps, and the signal from cameras is strong.   Live view works so at a loss as what is going on again.

Since I have been waiting for a call back from support!  as usual they do not follow through  I am not sure how long my system will be down.    I guess I need to go on You Tube and do my own review so people will know the real story of Arlo Ultra.   And I am sure Bestbuy customers would like to know the facts before they make a purchase.  Such a shame to have to resort to writing reviews to try and get my system working correctly.   And now it is totally useless.  Thanks Arlo for making a real screw Up.  

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whops,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more details about the issue you are experiencing.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation