Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra spotlight question

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chisolm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have Ultra cameras, and security lights. I have it setup for them to do different things when we are home and away, through geofencing.

I can't figure out how to make the cameras spotlight do that. I don't see it in the rules on the modes. I want to be able to make them come on through motion detection when we are away, and stay off when we are home, like I can with the security lights.

Is there a way? (There should be)

Thank you in advance
7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Chisolm wrote:

I can't figure out how to make the cameras spotlight do that. I don't see it in the rules on the modes. I want to be able to make them come on through motion detection when we are away, and stay off when we are home, like I can with the security lights.

It works here. Same set up with rules and modes as all other cameras.

Can you add a rule for the Floodlight in the Armed mode?

Which hub do you have? VMB5000?

Is the Floodlight connected to that?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Chisolm  My cams came with the spotlight option in off. In individual cam settings under video settings go to low light settings and there is an option to turn it on or off.  Not sure if thats it if you did that before. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dcfox1 wrote:

My cams came with the spotlight option in off.

I don't understand what that means.

@dcfox1 wrote:

In individual cam settings under video settings go to low light settings and there is an option to turn it on or off. 

This has nothing to do with modes and rules.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dcfox1
Master
Master

@michaelkenward  Yes that is what I said the setting for spotlight was off in settings. I had to turn it on to work. Yes I  did nothing in mode and rules.  If there are options for spotlight in mode rule I dont see it or am missing it. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I just realizes i was replying to another post about it not activating at all so mixed up  the post. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dcfox1 wrote:

Yes that is what I said the setting for spotlight was off in settings.

That does not deal with the issue posed by @Chisolm 

I want to be able to make them come on through motion detection when we are away, and stay off when we are home, like I can with the security lights.

Just another user
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea i just posted that guess you were typing while i replied hehe. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation