Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra power issue

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Blo1213
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone having and issue where their camera is connected to constant power but the battery will not charge past 5%? Buying a new battery still did not solve the problem and the power cord is working so it maybe something with the camera itself. Any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be just a display issue. Have you tried both the app and web client to see if there's a difference? For the phone, rebooting and reinstalling the app may prove useful.

If you enable the blue LED in the camera settings labeled "Camera LED" so you know when the battery is fully charged, does it in fact light up blue?

Blo1213
Aspirant
Aspirant

The LED is activated and it flickers, but at the end of the day, the batter dent charge over 6% even through it is attached to the power cord.  Because the battery id new and the battery charges to 100% in other cameras, it appears to be an actual camera issue.  The camera is 3+ years old, but it is the only one of 3 that is behaving this way. Everything is consistent on the desktop and the mobile app. 

akatsushi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had an Ultra on the front yard for 6+ months now with no issues. It's been plugged in since day one and has maintained 100% all the time. Last two days its dropped to 1% while plugged in but wont actually die. It will flip flop showing charging sometimes but most of the time it is showing plugged in? Right now its showing not plugged in but has been at 1% for a long time. Something isn't syncing up here. I have pulled battery when off power and "reset". Turned off and on a couple of times.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and web client (my.arlo.com) to see if there's a difference in display. Rebooting the hub may also prove useful. Worst case, remove the camera from your account and set it back up as if new.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@akatsushi wrote:

Have had an Ultra on the front yard for 6+ months now with no issues. It's been plugged in since day one and has maintained 100% all the time. Last two days its dropped to 1% while plugged in but wont actually die. 

It could be

1. a failing charger
  2. a failing battery
  3. failing camera hardware

If you have another Ultra (or Pro 3/Pro 4/Pro 5s), I suggest swapping cameras.  If the swapped camera has the same problem, then there it's almost certainly a failing charger.

If it doesn't, then I'd put the Ultra back, but swap batteries.  If the problem resolves, then it points to the battery.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation