Ultra not charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo Ultra camera isn’t charging. The app says it is charging up until it gives me the low battery alert. So far the Arlo Ultra Cameras have been a disappointment. I have had a number of charging and connection issues. Any thoughts? I’m tired of buying new charging cables or batteries.
Model: VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Why are you buying replacement parts when you have a warranty? Use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi mate, I also had this issue roughly the same time that you created this thread and I am wondering if the most recent firmware update has caused the issues. My Arlo Ultra camera wasn't charging and when i managed to clean the contact on the camera, the app was not correctly reflecting that the device was charging and after some time the battery meter would jump from 1% to 16% to 40% etc and not show the real time charging.

I am also having an issue where the camera is only charging to 60% and then not charging any more, are you facing this issue? If so, let's push Arlo to review their latest firmware.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh and forgot to mention that Arlo support ASSUMES that you have spare batteries on hand? I don't buy a product and then buy spare products just in case. We bought the product and assume it'll work as we expect.

Glenn from support asked me to "try a different battery". I am not buying another camera or battery.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation