Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra local storage maximum SD card size?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
orangealum
Star
Star

Hello,
I’m thinking about buying the Arlo ultra Camera. I also want to buy a local storage for the base. I’ve heard from one review somewhere that the max capacity the base will cap at 32 gb. Is that correct? Don’t want to be something huge when it only use 32gig. Can someone please confirm? Also hopefully all the bad reviews out there has been resolved for this Camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using a 128GB card and others here have reported that 256GB cards also work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using a 128GB card and others here have reported that 256GB cards also work.

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm using a 256GB, no problems .

orangealum
Star
Star

Thanks to all that responded.  My question is more what the system will be able to handle.  If  I purchase a 256 GB micro card, will it actually use all of the 256 GB if I keep on saving the videos.  Or will it only use up to 32 GB of space as I understand the limits of the base.  Make sense?  

brh
Master
Master

@orangealum,

It will fill up the full 256gb. The 32gb in the manual is a mistake.

Brian

Izombie
Tutor
Tutor

How did you format your card? I had only one option on my computer exfat and when I look at the settings, it says it needs formatted. What gives? Mine is a Samsung evo microsdxc uhs-i card

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, Windows doesn't want to format large drives as FAT32. You have to use a 3rd party utility to do so. I simply put the card in the base and did the formatting there.

Izombie
Tutor
Tutor

I did not see an option to format from the hub. How did you do it?

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Izombie wrote:

I did not see an option to format from the hub. How did you do it?

Here is the path:

• Settings
    • My Devices
      • (hub name)
        • Local Storage
          • Format SD Card (button at bottom of screen)
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation