Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra free one-year plan on existing account *without* loosing existing stored videos?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jdoering
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have existing Pro 2 cameras on a subscription with 30 day storage. I see the threads about canceling my current plan then adding the Ultra Base to get the one-year free. However; when I went to do that the app indicated I would loose all recorded video older than 7 days. That's completely unacceptable. Using two separate accounts is also unacceptable as the cameras need to be one one account viewable simultaneously.

How can I apply the Ultra subscription that came with the new cameras to my existing account without loosing any data? Retaining customer data is an obvious minimum requirement for a cloud service.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can download all your videos so they're local before switching but it may be that unsubscribing and then re-subscribing using the same account to get the free 1 year plan may result in your videos still being there. I don't know that for a fact so use caution. Maybe someone with direct experience will jump in here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jdoering,

Downloading the videos you want to keep and saving them locally might be the quickest and easiest route to take here. If that's not possible, please reach out to me in a private message with your account information and I will escalate a ticket to the customer care team and request an alternate method.

JamesC