Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After Ultra firmware update vehicles are not detected as "vehicles"

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Since my cams updated yesterday over 60% of vehicles have been identified as motion and therefore no notification.  The update is the only change.

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I noticed today I started getting the "motion" recordings also. The action was not specific to a category though (leaves blowing and trees)  and should have been discarded. I have the Pro 3's  so no cam updated. I received this in the spring for a while but it went away. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

The error rate for both people and vehicles was about 30% before the firmware update then jumped to about 60% error for vehicles after.  Went out today and pulled all the batteries and reinserted so hoping that will cure it, we'll see tomorrow.  Started just donating every wrong video a month ago hoping if enough do maybe they can get it right.  In 2021 it shouldn't be that hard to put a data base together that should have been done with the start of smart.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well so far today cams have been wrong 50% of the time so pulling batteries didn't help.  The firmware update is still the only change that made things this bad.  If this isn't fixed there will really be no reason to pay for a smart plan.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation