Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
murs01
Tutor
Tutor

Purchased ultra cameras about a year ago.
Probably just a year ago, because it had one year cloud storage included
Woke up yesterday to no storage and no plan

I would have thought that I would have received some notice that the free year was expiring and asking me to choose a pay plan, but nothing.

Would have been nice to have offered a promotion such as the 50% discount offered others earlier this month, but nothing

Very disappointed

Murray Barnett

3 REPLIES 3
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Welcome to the club.  Be sure to contact support about why your shut off and not renewed because once you click on a plan they refuse to let you have your original back and if you take their premier plan know that it takes away 4K to your SD card.

JDM6
Star
Star

this is crazy: you buy a overpriced 4k camera then have to pay extra to record in 4k (streaming 4k i understand)

but to record in 4k on the SD card I provided with the 4k camera that I own should be free and not a monthly charge

If that was the case the Ultra should cost the same as your non 4k options since I have to pay extra every month for Arlo to turn on the 4k features (and don't get me started on remote access to your local storage and the fact that an authorized user can't view local storage ????)

this is BS Arlo and your customer support is a joke.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

And when you ask why you no longer get 4K to your SD your told it's not possible to send two different streams,  Who you trying to BS here, you just sent 1080 to the cloud and 4K to the SD for a year just fine.  It's just to force you to their elite plan period.  Forget Arlo's selected PR because if you check on the sources they were for the older cams and run by Netgear at the time.  Go look online at sites like pissed customer and type in Arlo, last time I looked there was over 300.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation