Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra cameras won’t sync

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Metz375
Guide
Guide

I’ve just bought 2 cameras (from the US and I live in the UK) and they just won’t sync.  I’ve pulled the batteries out, changed the batteries etc. And nothing.  

I’ve also tried the sync button on the camera - it’s starts to flash blue and then goes to orange with a final blue flash then nothing. 

Hub keeps coming back - no devices found. 

Any my help would be gratefully appreciated 

37 REPLIES 37
MavKiwi
Tutor
Tutor

Purchased today 

Home unboxed and set up, hub all good configured and updated firmware.

Go though the process (both on the PC and App) to sync the cameras (x3) and i get a blue flashing light for a period of time. then the app or pc pops up with a push the sync button and i do and it then cycles through the search, in the end i get a set of rapid orange flashed and a try again on teh app and PC... 

have tried resetting entire network, have tried resetting hub and cameras... 

no idea next steps. 

brh
Master
Master

@MavKiwi,

I am also having the same problem. Something has changed recently that is causing this - I don't yet know if it is firmware related or account related. If you have the patience to wait a little bit, when my issue is resolved, I will let you know.

Brian

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MavKiwi wrote:

then the app or pc pops up with a push the sync button and i do 

Just to clarify this...

Are you pushing the sync button inside the camera body?  Or just the sync button on the base?

Note one option is to contact Arlo support. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

brh
Master
Master

@StephenB,

I have a ticket with Support but they have not responded yet. During the process both the hub and camera LEDs will flash rapidly for several seconds. The LED on the hub goes back to blue and the LED on the camera goes out just like a normal sync. The app will not discover the camera. The app then asks you to press the sync button in the camera and again after a few seconds, it the hub and camera will flash rpidly as before, but again the app won't discover the camera and asks you to try again. After the failed attempt, the camera will flash rapidly for a few seconds just like normal, but still will not show up in my account. To my thinking, the camera is syncing to the hub like normal, but the app has a flaw in it. (Both the Legacy app by itself and the new app by itself). Or, it could possibly be an account problem. I have done this process many time before with this camera and on my other 5 Ultras, but have never experienced this before. Before I removed the camera from my account, both the hub and camera had the latest firmware.

Brian

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brh wrote:

... To my thinking, the camera is syncing to the hub like normal, but the app has a flaw in it. (Both the Legacy app by itself and the new app by itself). Or, it could possibly be an account problem. I have done this process many time before with this camera and on my other 5 Ultras, but have never experienced this before. Before I removed the camera from my account, both the hub and camera had the latest firmware.

Good to know, and I hope you post the resolution.  In the meantime I'll be careful not to remove/resync my own ultras. Smiley Frustrated  I'm assuming you tried resetting the camera (holding down sync for about 15 seconds until the leds change).

Though it's possible that @MavKiwi's issue is different from yours (even though the symptoms are similar).  So it would be good to gather a bit more information on what's going on there.

brh
Master
Master

@StephenB, yes, I have tried holding the sync button on the camera unitl the LED turns flashes amber many times. Still no dice. Due to another issue, I removed/added back this same camera a couple of times two weeks ago. No problems then.

Brian

MavKiwi
Tutor
Tutor

Guys 

I have changed overnight and tried again and still no dice. 

I have followed the App process flow with regard to pushing hte sycn buttons

When you go through this process the Hub will flash blue withough pushing the button, then the app must try to scan for cameras and when it cant see anything it then prompts to push the sync in the camera. 

After about 20 seconds the blue flashing light on the camera turns off and the app will come back in about 2 min and say that it cant find anythign. 

Not sure what else to do other than retuning... 

brh
Master
Master

@MavKiwi,

Yes, that is probably the best course of action. Hopefully, the new set won't have this problem. I have a support ticket in for this problem and I am hoping Support can resolve this issue. Just in case this is a firmware problem I am afraid to try this with my other existing cameras. If you return it and the replacement works, pleas let us know so that we know what to do. And, of course, if the replacement doesn't work please let us know also. If this is a firmware problem, I am confident the engineers will correct the problem soon.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@MavKiwi,

Customer support finally responded to my ticket and replaced the camera. The camera that wouldn't sync was in fact defective. The new one arrived today and the new camera synced right up on the first try and is working perfectly.

Brian

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brh wrote:

The camera that wouldn't sync was in fact defective. 

Thx for posting your resolution.  FWIW, I got another ultra last night, and it synced out of the box with no problems.

MavKiwi
Tutor
Tutor

will take back this weekend... and see what happens 

Support have not come back to me on my ticket, tryed to call and waited 2 hours but gave up. 

just a question how may of us with issues have other WIFI systems running like sonos? wondering if when they try to sync they are getting mixed up? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MavKiwi wrote:

just a question how may of us with issues have other WIFI systems running like sonos? wondering if when they try to sync they are getting mixed up? 

I think that is unlikely.  Exchanging your system with the seller sounds like a reasonable next step.

MavKiwi
Tutor
Tutor
I swaped gear today and guess what....

Took me 5 min and the hole thing is set up and running ....

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation