Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Ultra cameras and single camera plans now only store 2k resolution?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wonkypenguin
Tutor
Tutor

I just went to switch to annual payments, and I see Arlo have changed their plans and features.  It looks like if I make any plan changes, my single camera subscription will drop to 2k recording rather than 4k, and the only plan that supports 4k is now the "Secure Plus" at 4 times the price.  Madness! Or am I just reading it wrong?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wonkypenguin wrote:

I just went to switch to annual payments, and I see Arlo have changed their plans and features.  It looks like if I make any plan changes, my single camera subscription will drop to 2k recording rather than 4k, and the only plan that supports 4k is now the "Secure Plus" at 4 times the price.  Madness! Or am I just reading it wrong?

Where are you located?  Some details on the subscriptions vary in different countries.

4K recording is included with Arlo Secure in the US, but last I checked that was not the case in other countries.  In most of those countries Arlo substitutes 60 day retention (instead of 30) for 4K.  They also increase the warranty to 2 years if you subscribe to Secure Plus.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation