Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Ultra and a wire-free doorbell with an Ultra base station. Several times recently the Ultra camera has stopped recording and stopped responding to the app so I can't access live stream. If I unplug and immediately plug in again the camera starts working.

The camera is permanently plugged in, the doorbell is still working when the camera stops, the camera is still in the subscription, local recording is enabled and this stops at the same time, the camera is still in the active list.

I recently bought the systems and so far impressed with the capabilities but its not much use as a security system if I can't rely on the camera to work all the time.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and has suggestions for what is going wrong or how to fix the problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Ultra details:

Hardware: H8

Firmware: 1.070.51.2_9_f9a585b

Base station details:

Hardware: VMB5000r4

Firmware: 1.16.5.6_911_3913242

Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a temporary fix which is to plug the camera and base station in with a Smart WiFi plug so I can remotely switch off and on. It allows me to get the system working again when I'm not at home but not really acceptable that I need to do this for such an expensive camera system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you see the same behavior if you just run the camera on battery?

Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve not tried that I’ll give it a go but I suspect the battery will go flat before the problem reoccurs - it’s pointing at a busy street
ColoArtist
Star
Star

Same thing happened to me today. I just noticed it at 2:30 this afternoon and the last recording was at 6am.

The cameras were still working in that I could get live views via HomeKit. Also when something moved in the cameras' range the motion detected icon would turn yellow. I have 4 cameras, 3 with solar panels and one running strictly on the battery. All would even show the battery levels.

Anyway, no recordings were being generated...either in the cloud or stored on the hub. When I tried to reboot the hub from the app it acted like it was sending the command, but nothing happened. The only way I got it working again was to reboot the hub manually.

Had the cameras since they were first released. First time this has happened to me.

robot-monster
Star
Star
Similar issue started for us yesterday. No clips are being recorded on the cameras, as of about 10am pacific yesterday. The one camera that has continuous streaming shows activity on the timeline, so I can at least scroll to those sections, but no clips. Livestream works on all of the cameras, and the little icon that shows live motion also is working. Just no clips.

Currently on vacation, so this is not ideal.
Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried with just battery power but the battery ran out before the problem reoccurred, then after I plugged it in to recharge the problem happened again today at 15.03 BST.

I have also lost the ability to play videos captured locally on the base station, when I select the base station in the app library it gives the error "Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check your connection settings." How do I check connection settings? There don't appear to be any in the base station device settings in the app.

I raised a problem ticket with Arlo on Friday (#42478529) for this issue but so far haven't had any response! 

robot-monster
Star
Star
Just noticed that notifications and clips are back up again in the last hour for us.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation