Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra camera questions

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DaveS53
Follower
Follower

I have a bunch of questions that the chat isn't answering.  The AI portion of the chat isn't answering my question.

Is there a phone number I can talk to a live person?

Questions:

1) I want to purchase the ULTRA camera with 4K video.  When I first saw this camera, I was told I needed to upgrade my base station (VMB4000) to a newer base station.  Now, I see that ARLO accepts the VMB4000 base station with the 4K camera.  I want to make sure that this is correct.

2) I want to use wireless/battery with the ULTRA camera.  Do I need to purchase a charging station for the camera or does a charging station come with the purchase of the ULTRA camera?  

3) Do I need to purchase a back-up battery for the ULRA camera?

4) What mounting hardware comes with the ULTRA camera?  Is it magnetic or hard-mount?

5) I also want to purchase a video doorbell.  Will the doorbell automatically record any motion that is detected?

Thank you

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PLEASE, please, please don't ever post personal info such as your phone number on an Internet forum. You're just asking for trouble.

1) you've probably already seen this but the short answer is yes, the VMB4000 will work with the Ultra cameras:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

2) The charging station certainly makes it easier to charge batteries especially if you have an extra battery. You can just charge the camera with the battery in place but you'd need to work out how to get power to the camera, such as use of the outdoor charger.

3) If you want the easiest way to charge batteries, the charging station and an extra battery is a nice way to go.

4) Magnetic

5) It's like any other Arlo camera and will record according to your settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PLEASE, please, please don't ever post personal info such as your phone number on an Internet forum. You're just asking for trouble.

1) you've probably already seen this but the short answer is yes, the VMB4000 will work with the Ultra cameras:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

2) The charging station certainly makes it easier to charge batteries especially if you have an extra battery. You can just charge the camera with the battery in place but you'd need to work out how to get power to the camera, such as use of the outdoor charger.

3) If you want the easiest way to charge batteries, the charging station and an extra battery is a nice way to go.

4) Magnetic

5) It's like any other Arlo camera and will record according to your settings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DaveS53 wrote:

4) What mounting hardware comes with the ULTRA camera?  Is it magnetic or hard-mount?

Actually this varies.  Some bundles come with a mix of magnetic and screw mounts.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation