Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra base station VMB5000 not found by Arlo app.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jgold5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased Arlo Ultra with 3 piece camera set yesterday.  The install was relatively smooth. I Setup the Ultra base with 3 cameras.  This morning I discovered that Arlo Ultra was offline so I disconnected the modem, base station, cameras and deleted the app.  I attempted to reinstall the system 30 minutes later.  I downloaded the arlo app and reconnected the base station to the internet.  The problem now is that the Arlo app does not find the base station.  I repeated these steps 4-5 times today, deleting everything and starting over.  The base station does connect to the internet but, it does not connect to the arlo app.  The app and the base station are both using the same internet connect.  I use eero for WiFi.  I can look at eero and see the base station.  The status light on the base station is blue.  Nevertheless, the arlo app cannot find ultra base station after 4-5 attempts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jgold5,

To factory reset you need to press and hold the factory reset button for around 10 seconds (the LED will flash amber and the SmartHub will reboot). Take a look here for more information: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jgold5,

Did you create a new account or are you logging in with the same login information? At any point did you factory reset or remove the SmartHub from your account?

JamesC

Jgold5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the same Arlo account that I created 4-5 years ago,   I was previously using Arlo Pro cameras which I deactivated after installing Ultra.  I pressed the factory reset on the ultra base station but nothing happens unless I unplug it.  Factory reset button seems to be inactive.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jgold5,

To factory reset you need to press and hold the factory reset button for around 10 seconds (the LED will flash amber and the SmartHub will reboot). Take a look here for more information: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC

Jgold5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Factory Reset worked.  The Arlo App has now found and connected to ultra base station.  Cameras have been reinstalled and are working.  I Will wait a couple days before mounting cameras just in case it goes offline.  Thank you so much.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation