Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pasipple
Tutor
Tutor

Just upgraded my system from Pro 2 to the Ultra over the weekend.  I’ve had the Arlo Door Bell installed on the Pro 2 system since the door bell was launched.  It worked fine.  

However,  I have not been able to connect the door bell (or chime) to the SmartHub.  I tried everything numerous times.  Rebooting the hub, resetting the hub, holding the door bell sync button for 10-secs, etc.  No luck.

Called Arlo tech support the other day and they told me the door bell was not yet compatible with the SmartHub.  They didn’t even offer my any assistance for trouble shooting.

Curious...why I couldn’t find any other posts on either the Ultra or Door Bell threads?  Anyone have similar issues?  Anyone else been told by Tech Support that the door bell is not compatible?  Anyone got the door bell connected to the new hub?

Thanks...

Note: Using SmartHub Model VMB5000 not the VCM4030P as shown on the posting.  Drop down box doesn’t give the VMB5000 option.

69 REPLIES 69
LinoS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi again JamesC, I tried to view the release notes however receive an error. Refer to attached for further detail.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LinoS,

Sorry, I posted the wrong link, try again it should now be updated. 1.12.1.6_32471 is the current SmartHub firmware version.

Was your doorbell synced previously to a different base station? If so, yo might need to reset the doorbell with these instructions: How do I reset my Arlo Audio Doorbell?

JamesC

LinoS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, no the doorbell was not synched prior, it was still in the box unopened until today so brand new. Have tried 5 times to no avail, it simply will not synch. The firmware is correct and matches the version you stated, I’ll reset everything (not factory reset just power cycle) and try again.
mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
No. I tried the unit 3 days after the f/w update. And it still failed to flash correctly, so therefore a faulty doorbell unit. This is the main thing I noticed was the continuous flashing of the new device that the store gave me. Where as the faulty one only flashed twice.
LinoS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo basestation firmware must be 1.12.1.6_32471 and the Arlo App must be v2.7.5, the doorbell is now synched.
antcraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey my app is also not finding the Arlo Doorbell that came with the new Ultra kit only last week. All firmware is up to date according to previous reply. This is really frustrating...why give away a companion products that dont talk to each other!

mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
Which is why after 10 days usage I packed it all. Doorbell + ultra now returned and fully refunded.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@antcraw wrote:

...why give away a companion products that dont talk to each other!

They do talk to each other for some (most?) people so it isn't a case of the system being totally broke, just your combination.

There is, therefore, hope.

The firmware that allows this feature to work is new, it might be worth resetting everything back to factory defaults and trying again.

All firmware is up to date according to previous reply.

Does that mean that you have looked at the firmware on your devices and checked them against current?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@mrhilly wrote:
Which is why after 10 days usage I packed it all. Doorbell + ultra now returned and fully refunded.

Just in time to miss the update that fixed it for many people this weekend?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
antcraw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes , I can confirm that firmware is up to date. I have attempted reset on the doorbell by holding down the sync button for 10sec with batteries...the led does not flash for me.
I also don’t understand why the firmware update works of some and not others?
I’m very happy with everything else...just wish I could get the doorbell working!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@antcraw wrote:
I also don’t understand why the firmware update works of some and not others?

That's always the puzzle. If it was bust for everyone it would be easier to finger the defect.

Just another user
53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is another phone app update today, maybe that will help those who are still having problems connecting their doorbell? My doorbell and chime connected after the recent firmware update.
antcraw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks ...here’s hoping. Because I’ve just hard rest the ‘smart hub’ and now it won’t discover ANY of my devices!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@53Crusher wrote:
There is another phone app update today, maybe that will help those who are still having problems connecting their doorbell?

Good catch. Firmware and apps go hand in hand.

After all, you can't even "onboard" the doorbell through the browser graphical user interface.

My Android app just updated from 2.7.3_25566 to 2.7.4_25567

Just another user
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@antcraw wrote:
Yes , I can confirm that firmware is up to date. I have attempted reset on the doorbell by holding down the sync button for 10sec with batteries...the led does not flash for me. 

I find that I have to hold the reset button for >10 seconds, maybe 2 or 3 seconds more. Keep holding it down.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

antcraw,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Julytin
Aspirant
Aspirant

When the update will be released? I purchased the doorbell  one month before the ultra system came out. Now I  have a doorbell and a chime for decoration because it doesn't work with my ultra system, and I can't return it to the store because it has more than 30 days. Please give me a solution.

Julio

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updates were released on 3/23. That's when my doorbell and chime started working.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@53Crusher wrote:
Updates were released on 3/23. That's when my doorbell and chime started working.

In case you missed it, also check for updates for the Android/iBeast) App that you use.

Firmware and apps work together.

Just another user
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is anyone still experiencing this issue after making sure they've updated their app to the latest version?

JamesC