Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Hareluya
Guide
Guide

I have two bases, one Ultra and one Pro 2.

The reason for the 2 base is that I bought Ultra, but also have some Pro 2 cameras and also wanted the siren on the base station as the siren on the Ultra is not very loud.

All cameras are connected to the Ultra base.

I've been using Geofencing to arm/disarm Arlo, and it has been working well until recently where I notice that it will not trigger automatically any more, I have reset the modes and restarted the base stations and nothing seemed to improve.

Note there are two phones connected and both on the trigger system and has been working fine previously, so that is set up correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hareluya,

A fix was released for the Geofencing feature late last week. Try using Geofencing again to see if it is behaving as expected.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hareluya,

When you say it will not trigger automatically any more, what does this mean? Do you mean recordings aren't being made? Modes aren't being changed based on your Geofencing settings? Can you provide more detail?

JamesC

Hareluya
Guide
Guide
Sorry, I meant the mode will not change automatically.

It will say that my phone is in zone but it will still be armed.
Shinkyo20
Guide
Guide

Same problem with my Pro 2 setup. Geofencing mode does not arm/disarm even the devices are recognized in or out of zone. PLEASE HELP.

gones
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, all devices show in zone but Arlo remains armed.  It had been working for a few years

Hareluya
Guide
Guide

It appears to be a new issue - but I didn't notice any updates...?

@Shinkyo20 wrote:

Same problem with my Pro 2 setup. Geofencing mode does not arm/disarm even the devices are recognized in or out of zone. PLEASE HELP.

Hareluya
Guide
Guide

@gones wrote:

Same issue here, all devices show in zone but Arlo remains armed.  It had been working for a few years

Are you using Pro 2 or Ultra?

My Pro 2 base will say it's disarmed, but Ultra remains Armed and when a certain camera is triggered, the Pro 2 siren will go off, it's quite annoying...

gones
Guide
Guide

I have an original Pro system VMB4000r3

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hareluya wrote:
My Pro 2 base will say it's disarmed, but Ultra remains Armed and when a certain camera is triggered, the Pro 2 siren will go off, it's quite annoying...

That sounds like you have a rule set to sounds the alarm for that camera. Edit your modes and rules for that camera and verify that the siren isn't set to sound.

Hareluya
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat wrote:

@Hareluya wrote:

That sounds like you have a rule set to sounds the alarm for that camera. Edit your modes and rules for that camera and verify that the siren isn't set to sound.

Yeah, I have two cameras that are set to trigger the alarm if motion is detected - they're potential break in entry points.

However, I've had nights where there was no notification of motion detected by those two cameras, yet the alarm still got trigger. It's quite weird.

Anyway, the problem I have right now is the geofencing not working as expected...would appreciate if someone is able to assist.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hareluya,

A fix was released for the Geofencing feature late last week. Try using Geofencing again to see if it is behaving as expected.

JamesC

Hareluya
Guide
Guide

@JamesC wrote:

Hareluya,

JamesC

Thanks JamesC, I will test it out over the next few days and let you know if I have any more problems!

DanielaK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem since 4 weeks and even updating it not helped. It recognizes that I left the home zone but stays disarmed. There are also 2 phones connected.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation