Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
S-Mar
Guide
Guide

I got a notice today that my Arlo SD card is full but it is set Overwrite Automatically.

Whats up with this??

SD Card Recording

Best Local Recording

SD Card Status
Full
Available Storage
22.01 GB / 238.23 GB
Overwrite Automatically

Automatic Overwrite will automatically write over earliest recordings as storage availability falls below 20%

Arlo System Update: Your Arlo SD Card is Full
Hi XXXX,
We noticed that the SD card in your Arlo XXXXXXXX is full.
You will no longer be able to record video clips to the SD card. Please go to the Arlo mobile app to delete older activity and re-activate storage of new recordings.

10 REPLIES 10
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You are not alone.

Re: Dec 2nd firmware update - Page 6 - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Got the same issue. Is there a fix coming?

This was posted almost 3 weeks ago with no response from an Arlo rep?

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just noticed the link posted!

Chuckda4th
Tutor
Tutor
What’s everyone thinking then? This just a false email alert and everything is working fine?

Seeing same thing. Have a 150GB drive hooked up and got the email last night. Go in and it says I have 14GB of 150GB free.
S-Mar
Guide
Guide

Just received another message

Arlo System Update: Your Arlo SD Card is Full
Hi XXXXX,
We noticed that the SD card in your Arlo XXXXX is full.
You will no longer be able to record video clips to the SD card. Please go to the Arlo mobile app to delete older activity and re-activate storage of new recordings.
DaveM8686
Star
Star

I'm getting this as well.  I have two Ultra Base Stations and this happens on both of them.  I have them set to automatically overwrite, but I still get the "SD card is full and will no longer save files" message.  This is a pretty decent bug, I'm surprised it's still going.

Danielnz
Guide
Guide
Getting the same message as well.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

DaveM8686
Star
Star

Any word on this?  I get like 15 messages a day about it.  It seems to be every time a new video is recorded, it registers that it's below 2GB available and sends the message again.  The message just shouldn't happen at all if overwrite is turned on.

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice

A couple of months have rolled by. Any updates?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation