Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Installation issues - US system in Hong Kong

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

Just got my system off Amazaon with 2 cameras. It got delivered from US here to Hong Kong which is on the 220v system.

Initially I managed to get it working but later I think the extra voltage blew the adapter. I now have a replacement adapter and now got the base station all connected up with a constant blue light.

Now I am trying to install via the app but it wont find the base station. I have removed the old system off the app and completed a hard reset but still no joy and cant find the base station.

Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Trance_Omega wrote:

Initially I managed to get it working but later I think the extra voltage blew the adapter. I now have a replacement adapter and now got the base station all connected up with a constant blue light.

I have used USA adapters on 240 volts with no problems. I doubt if that has any connection with the hub issues.

What makes you think that yours blew?

One thing you will find with an imported system is that the bundled one-year account for the Ultra system does not "migrate" with the hardware,

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

I got a new plug from Wan Chai computer center. Now working fine so obviously it was the power adaptor that failed as something happened overnight for it to stop working.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation