Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JimA2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Pro 2 cameras all working and recording to a local USB drive.  I added an ULTRA and I get push notices for motion / sound detection and the light on the camera activates.  I can see the live image from the camera online and on my phone.  However, no videos are being recorded on the USB drive and the recording counter for the ULTRA remains at 0.

Base station firmware is up to date (1.16.1.1...), camera firmware is up to date (1.070.50.2...).  I have rebooted the base station and my router, cycled power to the camera with no luck. - Any suggestions?  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimA2,

Check your active mode and make sure the Ultra camera has rules to record on motion. If the Ultra camera isn't listed in your active mode, it will not record.

JamesC

JimA2
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I have a "custom" mode set up for all cameras to record when motion (and in the case of the Ultra, sound) is detected.  This mode is working for the other cameras.  From the web portal, it shows an exclamation point next to to "Record video" which ties to a footnote that video clips will be stored in the SD card.  The "Learn More" link indicates that USB devices are supported as well.

Thanks,

JimA2

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimA2,

If you switch to using the default "Armed" mode, do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I started proactively restarting  the base every 2 days and have been able to record for 20 days with no gaps.  Without the restart from the software with 4 cameras 1 will stop recording in 3-4 days.  It is never the same camera that stops.

JimA2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same behavior.  Light on Ultra goes on, get a push alert, but no recording shows up in the library or the count on the device screen.  Hard drive on USB port has 100+GB available and continues to record clips from other cameras.

JimA2

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JimA2,

Without a subscription, you won't see any recordings show up in the library for the Ultra camera. For recordings to be saved to the cloud (library) you must have an Arlo Subscription for the Arlo Ultra camera. With a local storage device enabled, recordings are also stored there, but to view them, you must eject the storage device and connect it to a computer. These will not show up in the library. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

JamesC

arbiedelacruz
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the same issue, what is the fix for this?
arbiedelacruz
Tutor
Tutor
Not a good solution, given older camera Pro 2, Pro recordings can be viewed from the ARLO APP. Arlo needs to update the FW for Ultra Pro to fix this issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @arbiedelacruz

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation