Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Camera - Individual Mode Control

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Basob
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a 4-pack of Arlo Ultra cameras.  I already owned 3 Arlo Q cameras.  I want to be able to set the recording mode individually for each Ultra camera, just like I can do with the Q cameras.  Arlo tech support tells me that the recording mode (Armed/Disarmed/Schedule/Geofencing) can NOT be set individually for each Ultra camera.  Rather, they must all be the same.

This is a SERIOUS disadvantage with the Ultra cameras and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thank you,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, you're just used to having Q cameras, each of which are unto themselves. The wireless cameras all use modes and rules that include only the cameras you need for a particular time, with unique settings for each. There are FAQs here that will step you through creating custom modes that are worth reviewing. Basically, create a custom mode and add rules for only those cameras needed for a specific time period. Create as many new modes as needed to cover all time periods. Then use the schedule to automate the switching.

It's a mindset thang that once you understand the logic will be fine.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Basob wrote:

Rather, they must all be the same.

Just to add on to @jguerdat 's response:  Each mode can have different rules for each camera - they don't all have to be the same.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation