Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Camera Firmware Updated to version ending in cd69? Anyone shed any light on this firmware?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tonight, all of my Ultra cameras had a firmware update to the version ending in cd69. I've had these cameras for over 9 months. I was curious so I checked Arlo's firmware update page but there was no information on this firmware update. I have another Ultra system, also 9 months old in another state, and those cameras have older camera firmware, ending in 2fbf. Can anyone shed any light on the camera firmware? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Hazz,

My Ultra’s last night both got updated to cd69 firmware too.

James will probably post what the firmware upgrade did to that section sometime today since it was probably new as of last night only.

My geeky side is curious too!!!
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was actually excited at first, hoping that the Camera Firmware release would fix some of my long standing issues, such as my cameras falling asleep (stopped motion recording). No such luck, nothing has improved as far as I can tell. Thanks for confirming the release though. Good Luck 2U
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems connecting is taking a bit longer with the new FW

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can see the release note for this firmware here: Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.4_223_df6cd69 16th June 2020

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @JessicaP 

could you please be so kind to let us know bug fixes the firmware did?

thanks in advance!

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I doubt they're going to tell you they don't like to admit that anything is wrong
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @JessicaP  @JamesC @ShayneS 

any update on what the big fixes which were addressed in the latest Ultra camera firmware?

Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation