Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra CVR timeline is blank

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rphumphrey92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive had my Arlo ultra camera set up for probably about 5 weeks, about 1.5 weeks ago the battery had already died. Not impressed. I took it down to charge it, which took hours and hours and it didnt fully charge either. It stopped charging at 85%. I was pretty annoyed that it had died after 3.5 weeks so i dulled down all the settings and motion sensor settings (to the point where theres close to no point having the camera)to try make the battery last longer this time and the next day i put the camera back up. 3 days later the battery is already dead again. After this i ordered the 25ft long outdoor cable from arlo website and drilled it through the wall to hard wire it permanently. Since then the camera has again only charged to 85%. With the blue LED light also showing on the camera to suggest that its fully charged, even though it is still not going past 85%.

Another reason i decided to buy the outdoor cable was because i wanted to be able to make use of the CVR function on the camera. So after plugging it in i signed up to the extra CVR subscription, but since then i havent been able to view any recorded footage, the timeline is blank, when i try to rewind through the past, it freezes and jumps back to live footage. Seriously unimpressed with the software on these cameras. The 4k picture quality is fantastic, but that doesnt make up for the serious lack in performance everywhere else, all together ive spent £360 for a 1 camera set up, plus im paying £10.98 per month in subscription fees. And frankly the service is shocking. How can the software have so many flaws? Ive read through past forums on the arlo website regarding these exact problems, dating back to well over a year ago, why am i still having the same problems in July 2021?

I have disconnected the battery from the camera and reinserted, i have also reset the smart hub and restarted my phone. I have also completely removed both the camera and smart hub from my Arlo app and set them up again as if they are new out the box. Still no results, what are my options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rphumphrey92
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have been in contact with technical support today.

I also pay for the arlo smart elite plan for my camera, the technical support advisor instructed me to remove my camera from the elite smart plan and then add it again as the CVR plan sometimes glitches if it is purchased for a camera that is already using the Elite plan.

After i had removed my camera from the elite plan and added it again, all the CVR funtions were working properly, and still are.

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

To clarify are you saying you don't have motion recordings in the Library or nothing at all on the timeline? They are different things. You can't download from the timeline. 

Rphumphrey92
Aspirant
Aspirant
I dont have anything on the timeline, motion recordings are being recorded as they should.
Rphumphrey92
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also tried cancelling the CVR subscription and then buying it again in an attempt to get it to work.

Also i have currently got the camera indoors while i try to sort out the cvr problem. We kept setting the motion sensor off since its been inside so i have disabled the camera from with in the app, and plugged it in using the normal charger it was supplied with. And whilst being on charge the battery is actually still going down. I brought it indoors on 85% about 1.5 hours ago, its now on 79% even though the charging symbol is present on the battery when i go in to the app.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Rphumphrey92

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue with your battery draining. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Regarding the CVR issue, I am looking in to this report. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Rphumphrey92
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have been in contact with technical support today.

I also pay for the arlo smart elite plan for my camera, the technical support advisor instructed me to remove my camera from the elite smart plan and then add it again as the CVR plan sometimes glitches if it is purchased for a camera that is already using the Elite plan.

After i had removed my camera from the elite plan and added it again, all the CVR funtions were working properly, and still are.

Problem solved.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation