Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
UvilleSanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm on my second Arlo 2 Security Camera Bundle from Best buy.  I returned the first one and I am having the same problem with the second one.  I might be missing something fundamental as it seems unlikely that this problem would persist on 6  cameras and 8 batteries.  Any how, I installed the Arlo Hub and all went well.  I charged the Arlo batteries until the charger lights turned green.  I attempted to set up the cameras and they all failed with every battery.  In other words I tried every battery in every camera and could not get the blue light on any of them.  I tried the reset button for 15 seconds and nothing.  I called customer service, and they were going to send me a new battery under warranty.  This seemed like an unlikely fix, so I returned the bundle and bought a new one.  Same problem. Has anybody had the same issue, or am i having a senior moment and missing something fundamental?

18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UvilleSanj,

If you attach the included Arlo charging cable, do you see any LED behavior?

JamesC

UvilleSanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

There are only 2 cables in the box. 1 is the power cable for the hub, the other is the power cable for the battery charger. There are no other cables in the box.

I know that on my older arlos, there is a cable that attaches directly to the camera. The Ultra 2 doesn't have and external port.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@UvilleSanj wrote:

I know that on my older arlos, there is a cable that attaches directly to the camera. The Ultra 2 doesn't have an external port.

It has a magnetic charging port instead, and there should be a cable for that inside the box.

UvilleSanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

No such cable is provided. Decided to return it. Can't figure this out. Also going to ask McGill for my money back on my Physics degree.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@UvilleSanj wrote:

No such cable is provided.

Were these new?

FWIW, the cable looks like this:

magnetic.jpg

UvilleSanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx Stephen

No such cable was provided in either box. Likely because they provide a dual charger. So there is a mechanism to charge the batteries. just cant figure out why the charged batteries wont power up any of the cameras over 2 different sets.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@UvilleSanj wrote:

No such cable was provided in either box. Likely because they provide a dual charger. So there is a mechanism to charge the batteries. just cant figure out why the charged batteries wont power up any of the cameras over 2 different sets.

I also use the dual charger, and haven't had your issue with my own cameras. So this is a puzzle.

Have you tried the factory reset procedure, to see if that makes any difference?

LoMaP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Exact same situation here, same procedure. I am loosing it with my second bundle now and I never managed to get a blue led blinking. Spent over 5 hours reading blogs and watching YouTube, trying different things and I spent 1 hour with Arlo support before they told me to swap the first bundle. Drove to Best Buy, got a brand new one, got home, charged the batteries with the dual charger (no magnetic cable) and tried EVERYTHING again. No blue led.

Then I see this post: that’s it, I’m giving up. For sure this is a bad batch, anyway I won’t waste more time trying to figure it out. Thank you @UvilleSanj for comforting me that I am not the problem.

UvilleSanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went back to best buy and tried to get the cameras going with the geeks squad. No luck. They grabbed one off the shelf. Same problem. Yup definitely a bad batch. Glad this post was helpful!

Melissagr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone have any resolution? 

Was gifted this from Best Buy for Christmas and I’m experiencing the exact same issue. I have done all the same trouble shooting and have yet to see a blue light. Battery’s are fully charged on the base

UvilleSanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Didn't find a resolution.  Returned the units to Best Buy after going through 5 boxes that all had the same issue. 

Melissagr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, so strange. It has to be a bad batch. Thank you for taking the time to respond! I spent 5 hours today trying to figure it out…. I would of spent a lot more time tomorrow too! I will just return it. Thank you! 

TiLoup
Tutor
Tutor

I am exactly in the same situation. Received the Ultra2 system from BestBuy last Thursday Jan. 19 and none of the 3 camera is powering up. All the 4 batteries showing 4.43 Volts on multimeter which is good, batteries being rated at 4.4 Volts.

Going to return the batch to the store.

Berkley98
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm so glad I'm not loosing my mind. I'm just trying my 2nd box from BestBuy after spending hours with support for my first box. They really are insistent that there is a magnetic charging cable in the box aren't they??  They couriered me a cable and that didn't work either. Looks like I'm heading back to return them tomorrow. 

G-L
Tutor
Tutor

J'ai le même problème et j'en suis au 3è ensemble de 3 caméras Ultra 2 : les caméras ne sont pas activées par la batterie.

I now am at my third bundle of 3 cameras Ultra 2: no activation by the battery.

ChrisJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I find it absolutely absurd that Arlo is still sending out bad cameras that simply do not work!  I just purchased mine less than a week ago with the exact symptoms described in this thread.  Time to start thinking of another brand!

securityguy15
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing that same problem. Literally dead-on-arrival. Arlo you have to do better than this! This is so unacceptable! No lights turn on at all.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

securityguy15,

I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support team using your Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support. 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation